Shower Time

Original lil blurb I wrote
fluff
warnings: slight nudity ??

Josh sighed, pushing the door open and stepping into the apartment he shared with his boyfriend, who lay on their bed with his laptop on his stomach.

"Josh?" He called, shutting the computer. He edged himself to the end of the bed and hopped off, expecting Josh to greet him with a big kiss.

Instead, he found him at the kitchen table, head in his hands. He was still in his suit from work, his hair disheveled and his tie loose.

Tyler's heart instantly dropped at the sight.

"Josh?" He repeated, voice now shaky with worry. Not earning a response, he took the chair next to him, hand rubbing his back.

"What happened?"

Josh whispered something unintelligible, so Tyler leaned in closer in hopes he would repeat his words as well.

"I got fired..."

Tyler gasped, his free hand going over his mouth. "Oh, Josh..."

"Don't." Josh shrugged off Tyler's hand, standing up from the chair and shaking off his suit coat. "It's not gonna help anything."

Tyler could see the hurt in Josh's avoiding eyes as he made his way out of the kitchen, into the hallway. He could only stare at the spot the red-head sat in before standing up quickly himself and following.

The shower was running in the bathroom, Josh's suit decorating the floor in pieces. Tyler didn't know if he should go in or not, his forehead resting against the door.

"Baby, can I come in?"

No answer came. With each passing second of radio silence, Tyler wished more and more that Josh would be open about his feelings. He barely talked about things besides sex, music, and their time together.

Hand on the knob, Tyler turned it hesitantly. The door was open, thankfully, and he went in.

Behind the already fogged-up glass door, Josh stood under the running water, his arms above his head, which pressed against the tile wall.

"I need you in here." Josh said, just loud enough for the brunette to hear. Without a second thought, he stripped himself of his sweatpants and shirt.

Josh was normally the dominant one in the relationship, but if he ever had a bad day, Tyler would be there in an instant to hold him and tell him whatever he needed to hear.

Getting in, Tyler slid his hands around Josh's waist and allowed himself to get soaked. Their bodies touching completely under the water, Tyler pressed a kiss to the top of his spine.

"Just...I need you, Tyler. You're all I have left." Josh said, head turning to the side in shame.

"I know, I know. We'll always have each other, baby." Tyler muttered against his skin, his cheek pressing against it next.

"I love you, Tyler. So goddamn much."

With the sound of rushing water in his ears, Tyler replied, "I love you more than you think."