Cheesy Pickup Line

I'm still an ass so no requests atm I'm sorry lovelies
fluff
Warnings: I'm so gay for gay high school au's that's it's gay

"Sweet dude, Cheez-Its. Lemme get some." Mark slid in the chair next to Josh, hand already extended.

Josh dumped a handful in his palm and continued spelling out random words he heard other students around him say.

Emo.

Thick.

Polio.

"Polio?" Tyler laughed, taking his seat on Josh's right side. "I know this is World History but we're on the Mongols chapter, not FDR."

Josh looked over at Tyler and smiled as he scattered the salty cheese crackers. "I'm just bored."

"Everyone is in this class." Mark chimed in, spewing wet, orange crumbs.

"I heard that, Mark." The teacher shot back with a raised eyebrow as she walked in. Tyler and Josh snorted.

"Everyone quiet down, we have a whole chapter of Ögedei Khan to review." The teacher then announced, flipping open her large textbook.

A collective groan followed as well as a few scoffs that practically said, "I'm not doing that."

Josh, however, spelled out, "Kill me." and nudged Tyler with his elbow. He looked over and laughed, stealing the M and the E, popping them into his mouth.

The lesson started, and Josh found himself staring at Tyler more than usual. Yes, he was in love with him, but friends can't be like that.

Especially when Tyler was only bi-curious.

That entitled Josh to some hope, but very little. Tyler was an avid basketball player, leaving little time for a love life.

As the teacher said something about the commander of the Jalayir, Josh steeled himself. Rolling his lips between his teeth, he quietly dug in the box of alphabet Cheez-Its and selected the letters.

It only took two minutes, but the confidence build up took three. Finally, Josh reached over and tapped Tyler's book and gaining his attention.

The brunette saw the words and chuckled ever so quietly. Arcade tmw?

Nodding in response, Tyler focused on his book again. Josh knew he only thought of it as a hangout, and he wasn't sure if it was a bad thing.

Was he ready to embarrass himself and ask him on a date, explaining that he had fallen head over heels for one of his best friends?

Of course he was, he's Josh Dun. And the school's resident drummer boy always strived to get what he wanted, no matter what.

He pulled out some more Cheez-Its, this time being a total goof, used a pickup line only heard in bad teen movies.

He hesitantly got Tyler's attention again, his hands returning to his lap as he played with them nervously.

Tyler's eyes lit up, flicking up from the adorable message to Josh's burning cheeks. Even his hair wasn't that red.

"If u were a veg u'd be a cutecumber."

"Are you..." Tyler whispered.

"Yes." Josh practically blurted, once again scattering the crackers. "I like you."

He avoided Tyler's eyes, kind as they were, and used only his pointer finger to arrange a short, last ditch effort.

"Date me?"

Reaching over and into the box, Tyler pushed together his answer, letting his hand fall on Josh's thigh afterward.

"Yes."