Chapter 4

Today was Christen's first day of work. She was excited, but nervous at the same time. She woke up to the sound of her alarm and quickly got out of bed to get ready. It was 7 AM, she had plenty of time. Once she was done getting ready and dressed, she smelt pancakes and bacon being made. She walked downstairs to see Tobin and Crystal making breakfast.

"You guys are up early," Christen said as she walked towards them.

Tobin jumped while Crystal was too busy focusing on flipping a pancake.

"Crystal, I thought you said she was waking up at 7:30?" Tobin whispered to Crystal.

"Shh, Tobin, I need to flip this pancake."

Christen laughed, "I can hear you."

Crystal successfully flipped the pancake and turned to see her mother smiling.

"Tobin, why didn't you say my mommy woke up?" Crystal asked while crossing her arms.

Tobin's eyes went wide, "But, I did."

"She did, sweetie. You were too focused on flipping that pancake," Christen responded.

"Whoopsies. Tobin and I wanted to make you a surprise breakfast this morning before you go to work."

Christen looked at Tobin who nodded. She smiled, "You guys are too sweet."

"It was all Tobin's idea," Crystal said as she started to set the table.

Tobin blushed, "Um, this is part of a 'thank you' gift for letting me stay here."

Christen smiled and then saw the food, "Wow, a babysitter and a chef, I got a package deal."

They all laughed as they took their seats at the table and proceeded to eat.

"Are you excited, mommy?" Crystal asked.

"Very excited, but also a bit nervous."

"Where are you working?" Tobin asked.

"Palos Verdes Flower Shop," Christen responded.

Tobin's eyes lit up, "No way! My friend and her wife own that flower shop. Ashlyn and Ali, right?"

Christen's eyes went wide, "Yeah! You know them?"

"I went to college with Ashlyn and Ali is a good friend of mines. Wow, I haven't spoken to them in years!"

"I'll tell them that you say hi," Christen smiled.

"Good luck at work, mommy! I love you," Crystal said as she gave her mother a hug and kiss.

"Thanks, sweetie, I'll see you soon, okay? I love you too," Christen looked at Tobin, "Call me if you need anything, bye!"

Tobin and Crystal waved goodbye as they watched Christen drive off.

Crystal then turned to Tobin, "What are we going to do today?"

Tobin realized she did not plan anything to do, "Um, I will figure that out once I clean the kitchen."

"Do you need help?" Crystal asked.