Chapter 7

"I'm going to pick Tobin and Crystal up from the zoo and drop them off at home. I'll be back before break is over."

Ali's eyes went wide, "No! You can bring Crystal here, I can babysit. If she needs a nap she can take a nap in the break room."

Christen laughed, "I'll ask her what she wants to do when I pick her up."

Christen pulled over by Tobin and Crystal who were waiting in the parking lot. She laughed once she saw both of them because they both had their face painted as butterflies.

"You guys are looking cute," Christen said while smiling.

"We know," both Tobin and Crystal said in unison.

"Look, mommy! Tobin got me a stuffed monkey!" Crystal shouted as she excitedly showed her monkey to Christen.

Christen remembered when Derek would make monkey faces and sounds to Crystal whenever she was sad. Her smile turned into a frown and Tobin caught it, but she didn't say anything.

"How cute, did you say thank you?" Christen managed to say.

"Of course, mommy."

Tobin looked at Christen and gave her a smile, but Christen could not hold in her laugh.

"Oh, Tobin, I can't take you seriously with that face painting on you."

Tobin laughed too, "I don't think I can take myself seriously either."

After the laughing subsided, Christen talked to Crystal.

"So Aunty Ali wants to babysit you. Do you want to go to the Flower Shop so she can babysit you or would you rather go home and stay with Tobin?"

"I want Aunty Ali and Aunty Ashlyn! I want Tobin to come too," Crystal responded excitedly.

"Oh, sweetie, I think Tobin needs a break."

"No I don't. I'm perfectly fine," Tobin responded as she tried to look as cute as possible.

Christen laughed, "Alright, butterfly."

They all arrived at the Flower Shop and Crystal wanted to surprise Aunty Ali so she hid with Tobin outside.

Ali saw Christen walk into the shop, "You're back! No Crystal?" She frowned.

All of sudden Crystal came running in and shouted, "Boo!"

Ali's eyes lit, "Crystal!" She picked her up and spun her around which caused the little girl to giggle.

"Tobin! Wait, Tobin?" Ashlyn started to laugh once she saw Tobin walking in. "My gosh, you really have changed in the past three years!"

Tobin rolled her eyes, "I thought the shop needed some beautiful butterflies."

Crystal agreed with Tobin by nodding. Ali gave Crystal a quick tour of the shop and gave her a lesson on flowers.

"This is a rose, it comes in different colors, red, yellow, or pink. Red is the most common color."

"Daddy used to give mommy roses for her birthday," Crystal said.