Chapter 9

The car ride back home was silent, both thinking about each other. Christen was about to tell Tobin that she may have feelings for her, but the interruption of their food arriving at their table stopped her. She was relieved, but also regrets not sharing her feelings. Tobin wanted to share her feelings with Christen so bad, but she was scared to fall for someone again. She was scared she might love Christen.

Christen and Tobin opened the door to Ashlyn sleeping on the couch, while Ali and Crystal were solving a puzzle.

"Right on time. Did you guys have fun?" Ali asked as she saw Christen and Tobin enter the door.

Christen nodded, "A lot of fun. Did Crystal behave?"

"Of course, she's a sweet little angel. She played soccer with Ashlyn outside and as you can see, they played very rough," Ali responded as she pointed towards Ashlyn.

Christen looked at Ashlyn who was still asleep, but noticed she had a few cuts and bruises on her legs.

"What happened?" Christen asked with wide eyes.

"I made a move and she fell over a lot of times," Crystal responded while giggling.

"It's hard playing soccer against a girl who is two times shorter than you," Ashlyn quickly said as she got up.

Tobin screamed once Ashlyn started talking.

"I thought you were sleeping! Don't scare me like that!"

Everyone started to laugh.

"Tobin, I didn't mean to scare you," Ashlyn responded while laughing.

"Well, I'm getting pretty tired and I need to do laundry," Ali kissed Crystal on the cheek, "I'll see you later, okay? I had a lot of fun babysitting you."

Crystal hugged Ali and Ashlyn, "Okay, bye-bye!"

"Your daughter is a real gem, Christen. You did good," Ali whispered to Christen.

Christen smiled, "Thank you, Ali."

They all said their goodbyes. Crystal ran up to her room to grab something she made for both her mother and Tobin.

Tobin yawned, "I am so tired, I think I'll just take a shower in the morning."

Christen also yawned, "Good idea. Wait, where did Crystal go?"

"Mommy I made something for you and Tobin!" Crystal said as she ran down the stairs. She ran up to them and gave them a flower crown.

"Wow, sweetie! These are beautiful, thank you!"

"Thank you, Crystal!"

"Come sit with me on the couch, I want to tell you the reason I chose those flowers."

They walked towards the couch and sat.

"Tobin, your flowers on your crown are orange because your favorite color is orange. I chose primroses because they're pretty like you! There is also a tiger lily because at the zoo you said tigers were cool. And the last flower is a carnation because that is one of mommy's favorite flowers!"

Tobin smiled as she looked at her flower crown. "That's so thoughtful, thank you, Crystal."

"Now, mommy's turn! Mommy, your flower crown has red, pink, and white roses because those were the color of the roses Daddy used to give you. And there are sunflowers because Tobin said you're always happy and bright like the sun!"

Christen smiled because not only did her daughter make a beautiful flower crown, but there is a piece of Tobin hinted in her crown. "Thank you, sweetie, this is beautiful."

Crystal smiled, "I am tired so I am going to bed. Aunty Ali brushed my teeth already, goodnight."

They all said goodnight to each other while Crystal went upstairs to her room. Christen and Tobin stayed on the couch in silence.

"She's really something special, Christen. I can't wait to see the person she becomes when she grows up," Tobin said, breaking the silence.

Christen smiled and moved closer to Tobin to look at her flower crown. "Me too. With you in her life, she'll be just fine. You've only been here for a week and you are already making a big impact on her life. She's smiling and laughing more. That's all I wanted for her. Thank you, Tobin."

Tobin smiled as she grabbed Christen's flower crown and put it on Christen. She put her own flower crown on and pulled out her phone.

"This is definitely selfie worthy."

Christen laughed, "Wow, we are cute."

They took a picture together and laughed at how childish they looked.

"Want to watch a movie?" Christen asked.

"Sure, nothing scary, please," Tobin responded.

"Alright, let's see, anything in particular you feel like watching?"

Tobin's eyes went wide, "Finding Nemo! You have Finding Nemo, let's watch that."

Christen laughed, "You're such a child."

Towards the ending of the movie, Christen had fallen asleep with her head on Tobin's lap. Once the movie was finished, Tobin realized Christen had fallen asleep and smiled. Instead of waking her up so she could go to bed, Tobin stayed and slept on the couch with Christen sleeping on her lap. She placed her hand on Christen's lower back and fell asleep.

"I'm falling for her. And that's okay." Tobin thought to herself. 

Hey guys, I am soooooo sorry I made you guys wait forever for an update. Like I said before, a lot of things were happening, but everything is going okay now and I am slowly getting back to writing. Anyways, here is a quick filler chapter. I know this is not long, but I just wanted to get a quick update in. The next chapters will include Crystal's birthday, Tobin's birthday, and finally the wedding. 

Again, thank you for your patience and kind words. Don't forget to keep voting and thanks for reading! (: