Chapter Nine.

Finn.

"It's me," a voice says over the phone. It's loud on the other end of the line and the girl sounds familiar but I'm half asleep and she sounds a bit gone.

"Huh?" I try to form coherent words.

"Westlyn. I'm sorry. We need you to pick us up."

That wakes me right up. I shoot out of my bed, my phone being held between my shoulder and ear as I grab sweatpants and a T-Shirt. "You're at the field?"

"Yes. I'm so so sorry, Finn. We'll wait right at the entrance, I promise," West's voice sounds so far away as she speaks. It's only slightly slurred but full of obvious sadness in the way she pauses between her words.

"It's fine. We'll be there in ten minutes."

I sigh as I pick Peyton up out of her crib and she automatically curls into me. Waking her up in the middle of the night to go to another field party is not in the least bit fair to her but I can't let anything happen to Maddy or Westlyn.

When Peyton starts melting down in the car before we even leave the driveway I attempt to calm her with her cup of water. She throws it to the ground along with her blanket, which sends her into another fit of hysteria.

"Hey, P, shh your fine," I attempt to soothe her as I head towards the field. It isn't working she continues to cry and I can see her little legs kicking and her hands rubbing her eyes from the rearview mirror. "I'm sorry, baby girl."

I turn on a classical music station and pray that the soft sounds will help Peyton fall back to sleep, it's a long shot but I'm desperate.

It is the longest drive of my life. 15 minutes of Peyton screaming and me hitting every single red light in this tiny town. Westlyn and Maddy are waiting exactly where they are supposed to be and that right there is more than I could have hoped for.

"I'm so sorry," West says as she climbs in the backseat while Peyton continues to scream. She runs her fingers through Peyton's hair and keeps telling her, "it's okay."

"I was not ready to leave." Maddy says with her arms crossed in the front seat. She has a scowl on and rolls her eyes when no one gives her a response.

When I turn back on Main Street I ask, "West, am I taking you home?"

"Would you guys mind if I stay over?"

"Fine with me," I say.

"Whatever," Maddy says.

***

After putting Peyton back to sleep I go into the living room to find Westlyn sitting on the couch with her knees pulled up to her chest. She looks so out of place on our ratty furniture.

"You okay?" I ask.

She nods, "I'm so sorry. I got this text and the next thing I know the field is spinning."

"What text?" I ask.

"Mom got sent to the emergency room and my brother barely gave me any information and told me not to come. He told me to have fun. How the hell can I have fun knowing Mom is dying?" Her voice is thick with tears and slightly slurred.

"That's not right. You should be able to be with your family."

She smiles a sad smile at me and takes my hand in hers, "thanks."

"Ready for bed?"

She nods and eyes the house. I pull her up by the hand I'm still holding and walk her towards my bedroom, "here." I throw her a pair of athletic shorts and a t-shirt and point her towards the bathroom.

She looks so unbelievably gorgeous in my clothes. Her curly hair fails to the middle of her back in dark brown spirals, her green eyes sparkle under unshed tears, and the smile she gives me almost makes me lose it completely.

Westlyn hesitates for a few minutes before sliding into bed next to me and pulling the covers up to her chin. She closes her eyes briefly then reopens them, looking at me.

I know I should tell her I'll sleep on the couch or she should head down to Maddy's room, but I can't.

"Finn?" She asks.

"Hmm?"

She slides closer to me, maneuvering herself so her face is only inches above mine. Before I have time to process she presses her lips to mine and moves herself closer to me.

I kiss back wrapping my fingers through her curls and pulling her tighter to me. Stop stop stop I tell myself but I can't seem to get my body to cooperate once her tongue slips into my mouth.

"West," I pant, "stop. You drank and your upset and we can't." I say instead of telling her that everything she knows about me is a fucking lie.

"No, I'm fine. I barely drank," She says straddling me while running her hands along my chest. She bends her head forward, her hair tickles my neck.

"Shit, Westlyn," I say before crushing my lips to hers again and rolling us over so I'm on top of her now.

Does it matter that I haven't personally lied to her? Am I selfish for wanting this when she's sad and has only been honest with me? Because, god, I haven't felt anything since Laney left Peyton and I.  I'm not willing to let this thing with Westlyn go... Yet.

All my thoughts vanish when Westlyn takes her shirt off.

*what did you guys think?

Thanks for reading! Please comment and vote.