Chapter Nineteen.

Westlyn

My dad greets Finn and Peyton at the door. Finn gives his condolences and holds out his hand for a handshake. It's formal and awkward and pretty adorable with Peyton watching the whole thing unfold.

Peyton notices me first and lets out an excited squeal and tries to maneuver herself down from Finn's arms.  Finn looks at me and gives me a cautious smile.

"Dad, we'll be in my room," I say.

"Keep the door open."

I roll my eyes, "Peyton will be in there too."

He shrugs and heads back to the couch, where he's been since Mom died.

It's strange seeing Finn and Peyton in my world for once. Seeing both pairs of their blue eyes roam my light pink bedroom. I'd love to see everything how they're seeing it. Peyton toddles over to my bed, reaches up, and plucks off a stuffed animal pig that I've had since I was a baby. I smile as she babbles to it and hugs it tightly.

"I'm so sorry, West. I never wanted to hurt you or keep anything from you. You know that, right?" Finn walks towards me and laces his fingers through mine. His warmth is so comforting as if he's rooting me here to this moment. I'm okay with it.

"It's okay," I say and it's the truth. Maddy manipulated the situation and decided what she wanted to share and when she wanted to share it. I've known this about her.  I've known that Maddy will never stop until everyone is as miserable as she is.

"I freaked on Maddy. I've never done that before well not to that extent." Finn looks torn as he watches Peyton move around my room and him wanting to go home and fix everything with Maddy.

"It's time she figures out everything on her own, Finn. You've done everything you can at this point. Now you have to worry about you and Peyton."

He nods and I know I'm barely getting through to him. I'm basically telling him to leave his sister behind but I know that is the only way for Maddy to truly change and figure out who she wants to be.

We are silent for a bit. I can tell there are still things Finn has to say to me and I know he needs time and I'm willing to give him that time because there is something here between us. Something weird and unexpected but really really good.

"I also spoke to Laney today. A real conversation about what we are going to do."

"And?" I ask.

"I told her she can be in P's life but not all at once. I'll take it one step at a time with her."

I nod because there is nothing else to say to that. I want Peyton to have a family just as much as I wish my family was whole. She deserves that.

"And I want to make sure everything is okay between the two of us," Finn says with a shrug.

"I already told you it is."

"I know but-" Finn starts.

Finn pulls me closer and kisses me and obviously I don't refuse.

I smile and laugh, "I told you we're fine."

"I just had to make sure," he says scooping Peyton up and heading for the door.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"The three of us are going on a date tonight. See you around five? The third wheel has to be in bed by like 7:30," Finn winks and smile and my stomach erupts with thousands of butterflies.

"Yes," I say and run over to kiss him once more and give Peyton a kiss on the cheek.

"Sometimes I think I might love you," I tell him.

"Sometimes I think I might love you too, West. Probably more than think," He kisses me quickly again before actually leaving this time.

I watch him place Peyton in her carseat and speak to her. I watch while he gets into the car. I watch until he is no longer in my line of sight and then I miss him. I miss them way more than I should since it's only been a few minutes since they've been gone.

"So that's who you've been spending all your time with?" Dad asks while he knocks and opens my door, a habit of his that I've always hated.

I nod.

"He seems like an okay guy from the couple seconds of time I was allowed with him. Cute kid. Is the mom around?"

"Sort of," I sit on the edge of my bed and run my fingers through my mess of curls.

"Complicated?" he asks.

"Sort of," I laugh.

"You sure you want to get involved in all that, Westie?"

"Yes. I'm already completely involved, Dad."

"You're still planning on leaving though, right? Your tickets are all booked but,"

"I'm still going," I say even though it hurts so badly to know that I'll be leaving them so soon but I have to do what's right for me at this moment. I don't think Finn would be okay with me staying here for him and P anyway.

"Good, Westie. Your mom was so beyond proud of you and I am too."

I thank him and then get ready for my date with Finn and Peyton.

**Only two more chapters left!!! :O

please vote and comment!!

I'm off to Comic Con for the next four days :D

Enjoy your weekends! <3

-Brooke