Chapter Twenty-One

Westlyn

I'm packed up and ready to go. I said goodbye to Finn and Peyton last night and sent a huge text to Maddy wishing and hoping the best for her. She never responded.

Dad and Nate are taking me to the airport. I know Finn wanted to but with everything that happened in my family I know that Dad needs to be the one to see me off.

I never thought that Finn would be this light in my life. That this boy who showed up unexpectedly at a field party with a baby would turn my life up-side-down. That he would show me how to become a better version of myself and that he would show me that the only way to find out who I am is to leave.

Who would have thought that a little girl could make me feel such immense love. That a baby who isn't mine could make me smile just with one look. They've changed my life and that is why each step I take towards security is filled with nerves and possibly regret.

"You're going to do amazing, West. Send pictures, email, and call whenever you can," Dad says through misty eyes.

Dad wraps me in a hug that is so familiar I want to freeze time and stay right here for just a little longer. But all too soon he releases me and takes a step back. Nate smiles and says, "I'm a bit jealous, Kid."

"Come visit," I say.

"I will, definitely. Seriously keep in touch, West." Nate's voice is a bit shaky.

"I love you," I say to each of them. And I walk towards security, take my shoes off, and go through the motions.

My head is filled with images of Finn and Peyton as we said our goodbyes. I can't get the way Finn held me that last time out of my head. I hope that I can always remember the way I felt when I was with him.

I can only hope he keeps his promise to me.

Once I get through security my heart is pounding and my hands are sweating because I know this is a mistake. It is a mistake to leave someone you love behind and it is a mistake to leave my family behind when they need me.

I turn and prepare to walk right back out and call a cab or call my dad or call Finn. I just need to get the hell out of here and get home. I can not get on that plane.

And then I feel movement from right behind me and I hesitantly turn around.

Finn and Peyton are both wearing mischievous smiles that makes me break down into tears. I am sobbing in the middle of the crowded airport as they make their way over to me.

"What are you guys doing here?" I manage to get out.

"We're going to London. What does it look like?" Finn flashes a smile and two boarding passes.

"Shut up."

"I love you Westlyn."

"How?" I ask.

Finn takes me hand and leads us towards our gate, "my job has an office in London. I asked for a transfer the day you decided you were going to go. It didn't look like it was going to work out so I didn't tell you. But last minute it did. And Laney is going back to school so she is going to come visit during winter break. Everything works out. Just like we said, babe."

"I love you," I say and take Peyton from him and hold her on my lap as we wait for our plane to board.

This whole thing might be a little crazy. Going off to Europe was supposed to be a chance to figure my life out on my own but I can't imagine doing that without Finn and Peyton. And I don't want to find out.

I lost part of my family this year and somehow managed to find a new one.

Right before our plane boards I get a text from Maddy:

thanks for everything, West. Take care of my brother, P, and yourself. I'll see you soon.

I show Finn the text and see his face light up. He pulls out his phone and there is text from Maddy too.

I'm going to better for you. I'll figure this all out. I promise. I love you and Peyton. Good luck with everything.

And for the first time in a long time it feels like everything has fallen into place.

The End

**Thank you so much for all of your votes and comments.

Thank you to JasminAMiller and KaylynElizabeth ! You guys are the best!!!!!!

I can't believe it's over!!

-Brooke