eleventh part to grayson & alexa

Grayson rung Alexa around noon, telling her the priest would perform the ceremony. Alexa was then pulled out of home and dragged from shop to shop.

Alexa informs her sister she wants something simple but elegant. Long enough to make her appear taller but flattering to the rest of her as well.

Dress after dress is tossed her way. And finally she finds the perfect white dress. She's going to be a knock out. It's long, like she requested, with a handful of beading on the bust and lining the train.

Valentina's heart stops at the sight of her last daughter in a wedding dress. Lilly cups her mouth and looks away, the feelings too much. Mary and Amy look at each other with wide eyes. Clara had to excuse herself for a moment so nobody would see the tears. Natalia holds the hands of her mother dearest.

Alexa's heart drops at her sister's reactions. Do they not adore the dress? She questions herself. "What is the matter? It's not bad."

"No, no," Valentina quickly clears up, "we are crying because you look beautiful."

"This isn't fair. I wish I was as gorgeous as Alexa," Lilly complains. The rest of the women agree, even mighty beautiful Valentina. In her time she was crowned the most beautiful woman in their small town. She had many suitors but her eye was always on Timothy Hayden, the once short and lanky farmer's son. Nobody doubted her offspring would be just as beautiful as her.

Alexa blushes a bright red at her sisters' compliments. She will never get over her shyness. Valentina flags over a worker.

Alexa explains to the woman that the dress is needed today. The woman replies in a clipped tone: "If it fits take it."

The dress Alexa wants is a tad over a fifty thousand dollars. She can't spend this much on a dress she's only going to wear once. Valentina grips her daughter's hand.

"Grayson said there's no price too big for you. I know you adore this dress."

"Mother, it's too much."

Valentina can see the internal struggle her daughter is facing. If she wasn't so superstitious she'd go grab Grayson from his home to convince Alexa to purchase the dress. Valentina shrugs just to annoy her daughter into getting the dress.

Alexa doesn't speak again as she puts her own clothing back on and gives the check out man the dress.

➖✖➖

"Since you and Grayson cannot see or speak to each other today, he has sent over cake samples for you to pick from."

An array of bite size, cake squares lay before Alexa. Mary and Amy sit with her, everyone else, not including Timothy, is away at Grayson's home setting up for the ceremony.

Alexa scowls at the two dozen options she is given. "I do not like white cake. And I despise red velvet."

What's left are the chocolate cakes, the lemon cake, and an almond coconut cake.

Alexa glances at her sisters. "Grayson chose these?" Her answers are two head nods. "So he likes them all?" Another round of head nods.

Alexa knows almost immediately she wants the almond coconut cake. Her fear is the guests won't enjoy the cake as much as she will. Despite it being her wedding she wouldn't want any complaints.

Amy rests a hand on Alexa's shoulder. "I can see you eyeing that coconut cake, Alexa. Nobody in this town can resist coconut. Just put some dark chocolate frosting and wa-la! Everyone loves it."

She takes the advise and informs her sisters she wants the almond coconut cake. Mary leaves to ring Grayson of her decision. Alexa moves on to her next task: guest list.

This is going to be a long day for Alexa.

➖✖➖

Grayson helps Valentina lift his couch and bring it to the trash. He's made the decision to toss away his furniture and completely redesign his home with the help for Alexa. After all, they'll be sharing it.

Valentina gapes at the empty mansions. "Alexa is going to worry." She knows her daughter enough to know if they do not decorate the lounge area for her wedding she's going to go crazy. Alexa wanted to accompany them, to make sure everything was in place, but due to her mother's superstitions her and Grayson cannot see one another.

"We will finish. Alexa will be proud."

Grayson would do anything to keep his Alexa happy. If that means staying up on his wedding night to make sure everything is perfect, so be it. Alexa Hayden is his woman, and Grayson will be damned if anyone stops him from making his woman smile.

Lilly bounces around, exploring her sister's new home. Everyone is envious of little Alexa for snagging the most successful husband. They all very much love their husbands, but seeing the youngest marry so well strikes them to the bone. It's not an unknown fact that Alexa is the most attractive Hayden sister, boys pined for her as children and now men pine for her. But Alexa was oblivious to it all. She is always stuck in a book.

The Hayden sisters love one another but they can't help but resent Alexa a little. She was matched with the most handsome and wealthiest man in town.

"Natalia! Natalia! I found the master bedroom!" Lilly calls. Natalia comes racing from what looks like an in home swimming pool.

The room is a neutral cream color with a closet bigger than the room Alexa currently slumbers in. Lilly and Natalia gape at the sheer size of the room. It's large enough to house a family of three.

Grayson watches the greedy sisters pocket small trinkets. Grayson knows Alexa would not appreciate him scolding her family but they're stealing from him.

"Lilly. Natalia." The two women jump at his voice. Their pockets jingle at the motion. "I love Alexa with every fiber in and on my body. But I do not appreciate thieves, family or not."

Ashamed, Natalia and Lilly hand Grayson the trinkets they've pocketed.

"Oh, and ladies." They turn to face the six foot four monster of a man. "You are not welcome in my home without a specific invitation from my soon to be wife. I have cameras and will be watching very closely every time one of you sets foot in our home."

Grayson leaves the stunned women to find Valentina and finish his task before his wedding.