twentieth part to grayson & alexa

Alexa is going to rip her pretty blonde hair out if one more child complains. Aleena, eight years old, rests in the family room with an attitude. Hibiscus, seven years old, continues to follow her big sister around, thus annoying the snot out of Aleena. Zylen, five years old, sits in the kitchen, watching Alexa hustle around.

Josephine and Kenneth, with Grant and George, insisted in visiting this weekend. Meaning Alexa feels obligated to make a perfect dinner. Zylen just likes watching his mama. Next to Zylen is Caspian, two years old. Little Caspian adore his mama, attached to her hip most of the day. Grayson can't seem to get through to his second youngest child and it frustrates him to no end. Caspian's twin, Lazarus, is the opposite. He's not a mama's boy at all, he loves his daddy's attention more than anything.

A heavily pregnant Alexa can't think straight with Aleena complaining about Hibiscus and her back hurting while trying to stir twelve different pots. 

"Mama, why cry?" Caspian whines. "Stop!" Aleena comes into the kitchen at hearing her mother's crying. Her pink rose really shines in her personality. She has a big heart that she wears on her sleeve twenty four seven.

"Mama?" Aleena calls. Alexa looks behind her for a split second to show her eldest she's paying attention. "I'll help with the food. I can stir!"

Alexa's face splits into a smile at her daughter's kindness. Hibiscus runs in, following her sister. "How about you set up the dinner table? You too, Hibiscus."

Hibiscus has an anchor on her right shoulder blade. The nurse explained the anchor has two distinct meanings: loyalty and the ability to fall out of love willingly. Hibiscus isn't very trusting even at the early age of seven, and Alexa can see her second oldest is going to have trouble opening up later in her life.

All five children stop what they're doing at the faint sound of the front door opening and a familiar "Dollface, I'm home!"

"Daddy!"

➖✖➖

"This is too much," Kenneth gasps, almost angrily. "You should be resting, playing with your litter of children, doing anything but cooking extravagant meals for us."

Alexa blushes a mad pink at her father in law's words. Before she can answer Zylen cuts in. "She always plays with us, Papa! She drives cars with me and Caspian and Lazarus!" He waves his fork around, speaking excitedly to his grandfather.

Josephine fawns over Hibiscus' golden brown hair and Aleena's shiny blonde. All the boys inherited Grayson's dark brown locks, the ends curled slightly.

"Father, Alexa enjoys being busy. No matter what I say she insists on cooking every night for us."

Grant greets all his nieces and nephews with ten dollars each when he enters the Ryker home. The children squeal in excitement, begging their parents to take them to the toy store the next day. Like always, Alexa scolds Grant for spoiling her children. And like always, Grant doesn't take notice. Until the tears fall.

Grayson is on his feet in a moment, wanting to comfort his pregnant wife. "All I wanted was a nice dinner with my extended family and my babies, but now I'm crying for no reason!" Alexa throws her hands into the air and bursts back into a sobbing fit.

Grayson's strong arms envelope the love of his life to his chest. She winds her arms around Grayson, enjoying his warmth as her cries soften. Aleena and Hibiscus smile at their parents. They've fallen in love with Grayson and Alexa's love. The two have never seen two people love one another more than Grayson loves Alexa and Alexa love Grayson.

It's always been just the two of them against the world.

Grayson & Alexa.

started// july.23.2016
finished// december.23.2016