Teenage Boys Are Nothing if Not Consistently Immature

We pull up to Shelby Hamill's block and I quickly turn off my engine so that we won't be heard, per Grant's request.

This is all a little over dramatic. I think that each of us knows that. I can tell they aren't even that mad at their friends. However, it's more fun this way, pretending like this is some sort of mastermind scheme. My hands are actually shaking in anticipation and I'm loving every second of it.

"What now?" Asks Rhett.

"We begin," replies Grant, grinning from ear to ear. "Henley go ahead and text Violet."

I nod and send her a quick message saying we are here, before turning back to Grant. He looks at Rhett expectantly before Rhett reaches down and pulls out a full, plastic Walmart bag. How had I not seen him bring that in?

He then takes out two, pink, car window markers that he hands to Harrison and Grant, and a carton of eggs, which he keeps for himself.

"Alright. When we set off the alarm I want you to get the hell back in this car. If you're not fast enough, we leave you," says Grant. I want to make a comment about how he better not leave me in my car, but refrain. "Henley on my signal text your friend to come outside."

I nod my head in agreement.

"Revengers on three," he says holding his hand out, clearly wanting us to join in on some group chant. I stick my hand in first and Rhett follows close behind. We all look over at Harrison who looks absolutely appalled.

"There is no way I'm doing that," he says haughtily.

What is with this guy?

"Don't be a dick Harrison," sighs Rhett.

"Nope. Not gonna happen," he shakes his head.

"Suit yourself," shrugs Grant.

"One. Two. Three. Revengers," we yell, throwing our hands up in the air.

We then head over to the Shelby's house where Ryan's truck is indeed parked out front.

Grant and Harrison get to work drawing all over his Windows with the pink marker. I see a few crude drawings and jabs at Ryan's masculinity. Teenage boys are nothing if not consistently immature.

Rhett and I stand back with the carton of eggs, ready to fire at any moment.

"Having fun babe?" Rhett leans down to whisper in my ear.

"I actually am," I smile.

A few seconds later Grant makes a weird bird noise that I take as the sign meaning that I am supposed to message Violet. She texts back immediately, saying that she will be out in a second.

Grant and Harrison jog over to us and we each take an egg from the carton.

"Is she on her way?" Whispers Grant.

"Ya. She's coming."

"Ok then. Let's do this thing. Ready. Aim. Fire."

We hurl our eggs towards the car at full force and then dip our hands back in the carton for more. Eventually, an egg hits hard enough to set off the alarm, and the booming sound echoes down the otherwise silent street.

"Run," screams Grant.

I begin sprinting back down the neighborhood to where we left my car. The cold, night air whips across my face and my lungs begin to burn with effort. Gosh, I'm out of shape.

We're about halfway there when all of the sudden I hear shouts behind me.

"Shit," a breathless voice curses right next to me. Before I know it several hands are on my back, pushing me forwards.