Stomach Full of Butterflies and All That Cheesy Stuff

"Are you sure you don't want to come," asks Violet for what seems like the hundredth time this past hour.

She desperately wants me to tag along with her and Davin to their out of town volleyball tournament, which she knows is something I would rather gouge my eyes out than do. I would be completely out of place. Plus, I need to talk to Rhett. I hadn't gotten a wink of sleep last night. I had been too busy tossing and turning over the words he had both spoken and written, and worrying about what I could possibly say to him.

"You know what? You're constant re-asking has finally changed my mind?. Of course I'll ride on a hot, sticky bus with you and the volleyball team I don't belong to. Sounds like a blast," I cheer sarcastically.

"Fine," mutters Violet, rolling her eyes,"but if you need Davin or me, just call. Right Davin?"

"Need us for what," scoffs Davin. "She's a big girl Violet. I'm sure she can handle her problems on her own."

I give a satisfied nod at Davin, approving her message.

"Fine," sighs Violet, grabbing her bag and swinging it over her shoulder. "But honestly Hen, if you need anything, please call."

"I didn't find out I was dying Vi," I laugh.

"No you found out that an awesome guy genuinely likes you, and I'm not sure which one you're more scared of."

"Touché," I agree, narrowing my eyes at her and wondering how she would react if she knew about the journal. Hell, I don't even know how to react to that thing. Just thinking about it makes me want to laugh, cry, and scream all at the same time.

"Come on Violet. We're going to be late. The bus leaves at seven thirty," Davin mutters impatiently.

"Alright," she groans. "Are you just going back to sleep Hen?"

"Ya," I lie smoothly. "Gotta get that beauty rest."

"Violet," snaps Davin, rubbing her puffy, tired eyes. "We've gotta go."

"Ok. I'm coming. I'm coming. Gosh you're cranky in the morning."

"You've been stalling for thirty minutes," she yells in defense of herself. "I get that you're worried about her, I am too, but there comes a point where you've got to give it a rest."

"Cranky," Violet whispers to me, jerking her head towards Davin.

"That's it," says Davin, marching towards the front door."I've got you're keys and I'm leaving without you."

"Oh, I'm coming," sighs Violet dramatically. "See you later Henley."

"Bye guys," I laugh.

I walk them to the door and watch them pull out of the driveway before going back to the living room and pulling Rhett's journal out from under the couch cushions.

I had debated telling Violet and Davin about it, but only briefly. It didn't seem right. Violet would have wanted to read it and I doubt Rhett would have wanted that. It's so personal I can't even believe he even let me read it. Even if I do make an appearance in almost every chapter.

The things he wrote about me were epically romantic. Hence why I can't think about them without having a little anxiety attack. Don't get me wrong, reading what Rhett has thought about me from the very first moment we meet definitely gave me the stomach full of butterflies and all that cheesy stuff, but it scared the hell out of me too.