Chapter 5

I struggled in his strong hold, "Hush, you little-", I cut him off by biting the palm of his hand that covered my mouth.

He let go of his hold on me as he cradled his wounded hand and grunted in pain.

Immediately I raced to the other corner of the room only to be tripped by a rug. Bracing myself for the impact, I let myself fall only to be pulled back by my sweatshirt.

After pulling me to my feet, he dragged me along ignoring my yells and trashing body and pushed me onto the sofa.

"Let go off me you oaf! Who are you? And how on earth did you get inside?".

"First of all my name is Athein! Not Oaf!".

Ah, so this intruder had a name and how dare he tell me how to call him! Wait, why would I want to call him anything?! I need to think of an escape place! God, where are Crime shows when you need them!? Think Ayesha, think!

"Look kid it's not what it looks like. I'm your new housekeeper and Miss. Sinclair was the one who gave me a spare house key to let myself in. Besides, I wasn't expecting anyone to be here when I came!"

Oh! Yeah, now that I think of it I remember my aunt mentioning a new housekeeper. But that doesn't even begin to explain his behavior! He does not act like that in front of his employer. Shit, I just sounded like some snotty, uptight spoilt rich kid didn't I ?!

"But that doesn't explain your behavior!", I told him voicing my thoughts.

He at least had the decency to look guilty. "Sorry, about that alright. I didn't mean to frighten you like that. I saw your expression and I assumed that you were probably thinking 'Omg who the hell is that!?'", he said in a high pitched girly voice.

I bit my lip to keep from smiling at that and pretended to frown at him instead.

"And obviously I assumed right!".

"Oh, please when someone who looks like sumo wrestler glares at you, and not to mention when there is no one else around, your knee jerk reaction is to panic!".

He smiled at me looking sheepish, "I can't argue with that, but you have to know that you've just offended me by saying that I look like a sumo wrestler!", he pretended to be wounded and staggered backward.

I giggled at that. Gods above, I just giggled. I don't remember the last time when I giggled. Given my childhood it wasn't all that surprising. But, it would've been nice to have been a normal kid for once.

Putting my wishful thinking aside, I looked at Athein who seems somewhat proud and wore a small smile.

"But I still don't understand why you were glaring daggers at me though!?".

Cringing,"I was in a bad mood, that's all", he muttered.

"And you must be mistress Ayesha.", she said bowing low at the waist and pretended to tip an invisible hat.

I cringed at the overall cheesiness and absurdity of this moment but deciding to go with some good humor, "And it was a pleasure meeting you good sir. Now let's see how good of a housekeeper you are.".

...

Two hours later, both of as sweaty and spent we sprawled on the patio chairs (man, that came out wrong didn't it?!).

We both spent the last two hours making an elaborate feast for dinner ranging from his 'world famous', his words not mine, Chipotle chicken wings, three cheese lasagna, tater tots, buttered asparagus, Greek salad, Apple pie and pudding.

I had to admit, he was an amazing cook. To be honest, I was quite surprised at his skill and his passion towards cooking.

Even though he objected I helped him make dinner, only to have my stomach growling though out!

I might even ask him to teach to make a couple of dishes.

Finally I heard my aunt who was taking on the phone as she came downstairs.

When she'd come home thirty minutes ago, she's taken one look at us and after politely inquiring if we needed some help to set the table and after Athein assured her that we were fine, she'd gone to take a shower and change.

"So I can see that you two have already gotten to know each other.", said my aunt as we sat around the table.

She insisted that he eat with us despite his protests. But once she used her charm on him, he'd simply melted and given it. That's what I admired most about my aunt, she was one hellave woman who got what she wanted, in this case for Athein to join us for dinner.

"Yeah, he was here when I came from school and you know...", if Athein picked up some thing from my lie he didn't show it. Instead he closed his eyes, intervened his fingers and murmured some thing under his breath that looked suspiciously like he was saying grace.

"I'm sorry I didn't know that you said grace!", said my aunt once he was done.

Shrugging his broad shoulders, "I don't think of it as grace, I mean I'm just expressing my gratitude for the good food in front of me and the company of you two lovely ladies.".

My aunt smiled at his words. That's when I realized that he must've been a heart throb back in the day with his down to earth good looks and charm.

With that I began to pile food onto my plate and started stuffing it down. God, it was delicious. I felt like I just died and went to heaven!

Thinking that if my mother were here, she'd have chided me for my horrendous table manners and my unladylike sounds.

But when I looked up from my plate, I only saw my aunt who was looking at me with a heartbreakingly tender expression. And Aethin who had a soft smile playing on his lips.

Talk about Awk-Ward!

So, I cleared my throat and both of hem shook their heads coming out of the dazed expressions.

"So, Aethin I didn't see your bags anywhere?".

Huh?!

"Um, yeah my truck's in for repairs so I couldn't bring them."

Okayyy, this is getting a little weird.

"That's no problem at all. I'll ask someone to pick you up from your place tomorrow morning. So, you can acquaint yourself with our house."

I felt my pulse racing. And hoping the answer was 'no', I asked, "Your moving in with us!?".

"Yes, he is-", my aunt started, but I could only hear the sound is my fork and knife hitting the porcelain plate.

And I thought of only two words- Wait Whattttttttttttttt!?

......................................................................................................................Author's Note:

Hey guys,
So that's my latest update. Okay, so random question: does Aethin mean anything? I just came up with the name all off a sudden and thought 'why not?'. So if it actually means something and if anyone knows please let me know.
That said I got my first ever comment, squeeee!
Thank you so much 😍😘 @7777723332323i
With lots of love, until my next update,
Celeana_c