Chapter 6

I took a deep breath and faced my aunt, "Why was I never told that he'd be moving in? Why don't I even get a say in whether or not I want a stranger to live with us? Is it because my opinion doesn't count! Or the fact that I'm just a teenage who's wishes don't matter? Or even better, is it because I'm your fucking property who needs to go along with everything!?".

Releasing a breath I didn't know I was holding, I pushed away my plate and walked upstairs leaving behind stunned aunt Cress and Aethin.

I slam my bedroom door shut and fall down on my bed exhausted. I don't know what happened but something broke in me when my aunt said Aethin was moving in.

It wasn't unusual to have a live in housekeeper. Hell my parents had a live in housekeeper, chef and a butler back in New York! Like I said earlier, they were loaded. But it was the idea that my aunt felt that my opinion didn't matter that tore me.

I felt that she was different, unlike my parents. But guess I was wrong! For a kid who had grown up without options ...

My thoughts were interrupted by a quiet knock on my door. Slowly the knob turned and my aunt entered holding a plate of food. The look on her face immediately made me feel guilty. She looked heartbroken, guilty and scared all at once.

Placing the food beside my night lamp, she sat down in my bed taking my hands in hers. I looked up to find tears glistening her brown eyes.

"Ayesha, I am so very sorry. I should have consulted you before hiring Aethin, it wasn't fair of me to take away your choice. But I truly didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I promise you that from now on any decision I take I will consult you. Can't promise you about office though!", chuckling she wiped her eyes. "Darling girl, I meant what I said when you first moved in. You are like a daughter to me and this house belongs to you as well. I swear I won't take away your options in the future and all I ask of you is please, please give me another chance. I've failed you as an aunt. I will always be there for you muffin, and I promise to always be there for you, just, just please give me another chance.".

I looked into the vulnerable face of my aunt and at that moment I was extremely grateful to have her in my life. Who was I kidding, she's nothing like my parents and I promised myself as I nodded and as I was engulfed in a bear hug by a sobbing aunt Cress, that I will tell her all about my parents soon enough.

"No aunt Cress, you haven't failed me, you've saved me.", I mutter into her hair.

"Do we still have a housekeeper?", I asked a distressed aunt Cress.

"I don't know, why don't you go talk to him, he's waiting by the garden."

Sighing I got up and with an encouraging smile and a pat on the back by my aunt I walk downstairs and open the front door meeting the profile of Aethin. Something about him made me think he felt sad and lonely. I wanted to walk up to him and tell him that it was going to be okay, because I knew how much it means to feel loved and cherished.

"Hey, is she okay? I mean-", he cut off looking at me.

"Hey.", I say giving him a weak smile.

"Hey."

"Look I didn't mean any of the stuff I said back there, okay? I didn't mean to hurt your feelings either. I just, I don't think, you know what never mind. But what I really mean is I am sorry. I truly am sorry. So, do you forgive me?", I finished staring into his storm grey eyes.

"Does this mean I have a job?", he asked me crossing his arms.

"I guess, if you still want to.", I say rocking on my feet.

"Good, oh and I'll forgive you on one condition."

"What that?", I ask feeling nervous.

"Friends?", he asks sticking of his hand.

"Friends.", I say as I return his warm smile and put my small hand into his warm big hand.

***
Author's Note:
Hey guys!
Sorry for the late update. Not that I see anyone complaining! But it's just something I've always wanted to do one day when my book gets 100M views with millions of followers who're dying for the next update;) All that apart, hope you guys enjoyed my latest update and a small request. Please comment and let me know your feedback and suggestions.
Love,
Celaena_c