Chapter Ten

My eyes fluttered open and a dull throbbing started in my head. It was pitch black out so I knew it was nighttime. I looked around and saw Harry, asleep on the bed next to mine, Hermione was curled up in an armchair near the door, and Ron was leaning on a shelf, snoring. There were rows of empty hospital beds and I jumped as Madam Pomfrey came bursting out of her office. "Oh good, your awake!" She started fussing, making me drink this and eat that and hold still. When she was finally done, I looked at her. "How long was I out for?" I asked, figuring it was a couple days or so. She pressed her mouth in a thin line. "Six months." She said softly. I jumped out of bed, ignoring the pain in my head. "WHAT??!!" I screeched. My screaming caused Harry to sit bolt upright, Hermione fell out of her chair in surprise, and Ron smacked his face in the shelf because he took his hand out from underneath him. "Six months... Oh my gosh... I've missed everything... This is crazy... I'll never pass my owls-" I was interrupted by the Trio tackling me into a hug. I winced in pain, Madam Pomfrey must have seen, because she made them get off. "Now, Miss Black, I had a question." "Yes?" I asked. "When you were taken to me, I figured out that there were many concealment charms placed on you. Furthermore, when I took them off, you were covered in bruises and cuts with a broken wrist. The injuries were obviously made from the Cruciatus Curse. Explain." She said, looking expectant. The Trio looked at me in shock. "Spill it." Hermione said. I looked around nervously. "Well," I started wringing my hands. "It's a long story."

Sorry for the short update guys!! I promise there will be a longer one soon!!!