6

Shout out to: Noble_Royalty & LunaMiner

(Once again, The first person who comments gets a shout out.) No repeats though.

Serena

The sun has set, Clemont and I were gathering berries from a bush not that far from our campsite. I still can't forget those words Bonnie said to me. (A/N: If you don't know what I'm talking about, It is at the very end of chapter 1.)

After all we've been through, would he really leave us? To start anew without us?

I clenched my hand into a fist. Did we even mean something to him?

"Serena, is there something bothering you?" The gym leader asked.

I wiped the tears that were building up, threatening to fall at any moment. "I'm fine, I just...thought of something." I said looking down.

I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked up to see Clemont in front of me, an understanding smile on his face.
"If you want to share about this 'something' then I'm all ears." I sighed an explained to him about everything that happened. From me having a crush on him to the present. I left out the part where I was left alone with Ash, when he and Bonnie went to get berries. That was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life.

"I'm really glad you opened up to me." He smiled lightly.

"No, thank you for understanding me."

"No problem at all really, I'm glad to help a friend."

I teared up at those words.

"S-Serena? Wait, why are you crying?!" Clemont panicked. I hugged him tightly.

"I'm just really happy to have someone like you."

The moment was cut short when both of us heard a 'cracking' sound. Both of us let go.

"What was that?" I asked,

"Probably a wild Pokemon, we should hurry back. Ash and Bonnie might get worried." Clemont replied.

When we went back, we saw two figures sitting on a log, beside a newly (I guess) started fire.

"We're back you two!" I shouted.

The blonde haired girl greeted us first with a forced smile, while the raven haired boy continued to watch the flames.

This doesn't seem right at all.

_

___________________
___________

Ash

Stupid stupid stupid stupid completely stupid! Completely riduculous

Why do I even bother? It is not like she'll like me back for who I am anyways.

Bonnie was patting my back.

"Hey Ash, don't be like that... maybe that was just a misunderstandi-"

"Really? A misunderstanding? If it was a misunderstanding then how do you explain to me what they were doing?!" I raised my voice. I was suddenly hit by the feeling of guilt. Damn it, she was only helping! Why did you mess this up Ash?!

"I-I'm sorry." I said trying to calm down.

"Don't worry, I understand." She said as she sat beside me, forcing a smile.

Damn it!

"We're back you two!" I heard Serena yell.

Great.

I kept staring at the fire thinking about what happened early on.

~flashback~

After a few more minutes of rubbing the twig on the log, I have finally created a little smoke coming out of the wooden material.

"Finally!" I said as I stretched my arms.

"Hey Ash look!" Bonnie said, and pointed towards the object.

They were flowers, rich in colour.

"Wow, they look amazing!" I gaped at the flowers.

"Hey, this could be step number one!" She blurted out.

"Step number one?"

"In courting the girl!" The blonde haired girl screamed.

"Huh?"

After a few minutes. I traveled towards the direction where Serena & Clemont went.

When I saw them. I began to approach them then suddenly.

Serena. Hugged. Him.

No, this can't be happening. I told my self but no. It was happening. I crunched up the flowers I held in one hand and threw it away, I quickly retreated back to the camp.

~flashback ended~
_______________________
_______________

I didn't want you guys to wait that long so here ya go. Really short tho I'm sorry.
__________________

Hello again, people! (I know I said that I was going to update on Christmas Break but I felt guilty so here ya go!)

word count: 702

-Rose