To late

The final bell rang. I walked towards my locker and threw my books inside, I closed it a turned Clarissa was staring dead at me.

"Before me and Albin broke up... He told me that you're little brother died.. I just came to say that... YOU SMELL BAD. and he probably deserved to die anyway, I mean I surly wouldn't want to be related to a clown sister." I stared at her blankly, she sprayed perfume in my face. I was honestly too tired to even reply to her. She stood there waiting for a reply but I just stared. She finally laughed at left. I stood there until everyone left the building, I walked towards the bathroom and broke down in tears. Tonight, Tonight was the night I end it all. I stood up and looked myself in the mirror.

My hair was stringy and oily, my eyes were red and puffy and my cheeks were bright red. I turned the water on and threw it over my face, I walked out the bathroom.

"Hey Amara!" I heard a voice call but I kept waking, until I reached my car.

I rolled my food around on the plate, nobody was talking. Mom was getting extremely thin from the past few days, She hadn't left her room since the funeral. Derek tries his best to get her to do something but it's never successful.

"Derek." I looked him in the eyes, he shot his head up from his plate.

"Yes?" He replied in a stressful voice.

"Thank you."

"For what Amara?"

"For everything. You could have left when he died... But, you didn't. You stayed and are taking care of me and mom. You're staying strong for us. You could have left when I was acting up towards you,but you didn't you stayed." I dropped my fork, "You're not even my dad but you treat me as if I am one of you'res. Thank you Derek."

"No, Amara there's no need to thank me. I just did what was right. Although you're not my daughter I will forever cherish you." A smile grew on his face, his was the first time I had actually ever seen his smile in a few days.

I had said goodbye to the only person that still had a single care for me in the world. Now it was time to meet up with my little brother.

I got up and put my plate in the sink, "Uh-um Derek I think i'm going to go for a ride. To clear my mind before I go to sleep." He nodded.

I grabbed my keys and left.

I took a breath a looked down, the water was flowing peacefully. I felt a small breeze of wind move my hair. I stepped closer to the edge.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. I spread my arms to jump but, I was slammed into the ground hard.