Chapter Thirteen: Girl Meets Jennifer Minkus

I looked through the window of Topanga's. I've been in Texas for an entire month. I had just gotten back when Farkle's Mom called me.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Is this Skipper Jackson?"

"Yes Ma'am, this is she."

"This is Jennifer Minkus. Farkle's mom?"

"Oh, hi!"

"Hi. So, I know you're in Texas-"

"I actually just got back from Texas."

"Oh! Perfect. Well, Farkle has gotten the results of his IQ test back, so we're throwing him a little genius party." I smiled. "I know it would mean a lot to him if you'd come."

"Of course!"

"Great. It's at Topanga's tonight at seven.  I can't wait to meet you. He won't stop talking about you."

"I can't wait to meet you. I'll see you tonight." I hung up, smiling.

So here I was, all dressed up, about to see my friends for the first time in a month. None of them knew I came back. I took a deep breath, walking into Topanga's. They were all sitting the usual spot. Farkle looked up, spotting him.

"Skipper!" He said. Riley turned around, hopping up and hugging me.

"Hi!" She exclaimed.

"When did you get back?" Maya asked.

"Earlier this afternoon. Mrs. Minkus called me and invited me to the party. Congrats, Farkle."

"I'm glad you're here." He stood up, coming over and I hugged him.

"It was the least I could do, considering everything you've done for me."

"Welcome to our Farkle genius party." Mr. Minkus started. Farkle pulled me back to his seat, pulling me down beside him and not letting go of my hand. "I'm Stuart Minkus, the original genius, very proud to welcome my son to the club." I put my other hand on Farkle's arm, smiling at him. "I'm sure his mother, who is unexceptional, would like to say a few words representing her people."

"Yeah...I'm unexceptional." She said, standing beside him. She was extremely tall. "Who does what I say?"

"Everybody." Her husband replied. I laughed.

"Hi, Corey."

"Nyah!' Mr. Matthews said from across the room.

"I hold in my hand, the answer to the question that everyone's been asking. Is Farkle a clone, a robot, or a real boy?"

"Real boy, real boy, real boy, real boy." Farkle said, closing his eyes.

"This is the birth certificate of Farkle Minkus. Real boy!" Everyone cheered.

"Thanks for having me, Mom."

"Any time, kiddo. YOu make me proud every day." She kissed his face. "And it's great to finally meet the beautiful girl Farkle is always talking about."

"Mom..." Farkle said, embarrassed. I laughed.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, Mrs. Minkus. And I do suppose I have you to thank for blessing us with a Farkle."

"You're very welcome. And Stuart and I want to thank all of Farkle's friends who care about him. You're all he ever talks about, when he's not talking about Skipper."  

"We hope you'll keep encouraging him to be as unique as he's always been." Mr. Minkus added.

"Always." I said, bumping his shoulder with mine.