Why not?

Y/N'S POV:
"I'm on my way over right now Derek. I know 'important things that need to be discussed'" I say in a mocking tone as I walk around another corner. He gripes about that not being how he talks and I roll my eyes.

"Don't worry grumpy pants, I'm walking up to the building right now, geez what's the rush, it's only two." I tell him as I take the lift up to his floor.

"Why did you walk? Do you know how dangerous it is?" He yells to me through the phone.

I pull open the door to his flat, "Relax you wuss, it's the middle of the day, I'm fine. Geez you're acting like a mom!" I exclaim with a goofy grin as I shut the door.

"You never know what could happen! I don't want you getting hurt Y/N!" He exclaims, throwing his hand into the air as he sets his eyes on me.

"You don't need to worry about me all the time. If you haven't noticed, I've been talking with Chris so that I can protect myself. You know, I have plans later on tonight and I don't want to be in a pissy mood because you wanted to be an asshole!" I yell back at him, also throwing my hands in the air.

"I'm an asshole because I'm worried about you?! In what fucking universe do you live in?" He says, his voice lowering. I get goosebumps as I take in his cool tone. I let out a deep breath and run a hand through my hair.

"I'm sorry. I am just so stressed with all this 'trying not to die' bullshit and it gets tough. I finally have plans tonight and I'm scared that I'm gonna screw everything up and I just don't understand how everyone does this," I close my eyes after I see him nod.

"It's very overwhelming, but you're strong and I know you can handle this. I told you because I knew that night that I wouldn't have to turn you after you saw what you saw."

"Why didn't you give me the bite?" I ask him, looking up. He gulps really quickly and scratches the back of his neck, thinking of a way to word it.

"Why not? Derek tell me why." I prod and place my hands back on my hips, expecting an answer.

"I couldn't see you get corrupted by the bite. You were too beautiful and pure to be turned into a monster like me. I wouldn't be the reason why your bright aura was turned into rage and strife." He confesses and my eyes go wide. "I wouldn't do that to you, I wouldn't ruin your life because of something like this." He finishes and turns around, facing his back to me and I am stunned.

I slowly walk over to him and turn him around. "Why didn't you ever tell me this Derek?" I ask, placing a hand on his cheek.

"I didn't want to hold you back," he whispers and I shake my head.

"You really are clueless, aren't you?" I say to him, smiling and he frowns.

"What do yo-" I cut him off by smashes my lips to his, wrapping a hand around the back of his neck. I feel his arm wrap around my lower back and I smirk into the kiss.

He pulls back slowly and stares at me, "You don't know how long I've been wanting to do that," he mutters, pressing his forehead against mine.

"Then why'd you stop?" I reply, biting my lip and we didn't stop.

A/N: Two updates within 24 hours? I don't know what's wrong with me xD! I'm sure this is getting no reads, but it is bound to get at least 10 at some point! Once again, I'm taking requests so don't be afraid to DM me!