Apologies

Y/N'S POV:
"I'm doing it to protect you!" Derek screams at me, but I just stare at him, unfazed by his outrage and matching it with my own.

"That's why you were kissing her," I retort and roll my eyes and his eyes flash blue. In return, mine flash yellow and I raise my eyebrows.

"She kissed me!" He practically roars and all I do is shake my head.

"You're a terrible liar Derek. You should've known by now that I know when you lie. Just admit that you kissed her and we can move on," I say sympathetically, giving him a sad look.

He shakes his head as runs his hands through his hair, trying to figure out what to say. "I responded but as soon as I did, I pushed her away. You saw that, I would never hurt you on purpose," he says calmly and I smile sadly.

"That's all I needed to hear," I reply and turn on my heel walking towards the door. I wipe away a tear that falls from my eye and begin to jerk the door open.

"Where are you going?" Derek whispers, clearly hurt. I turn my head against my better judgement and sneak a look at him. He looks hurt, vulnerable, and guilty. I don't want to walk away from him. That's saying goodbye. I don't think I could ever say goodbye to Derek Hale.

"I just need some air," I say quietly. This is such a terrible situation. Why did he have to do this now, when we were just moving on from our last problems.

"You just need an excuse to walk away. You're just gonna give up that easily? I thought you were gonna be here forever Y/N. You promised me.." He says worriedly, staring down at the floor. What is this side of him? It makes me feel guilty even though I'm sure I did nothing wrong.

"Derek, it's not that. I can't just forgive you. Every time I look at you, I see Braeden. I want to forgive you. I want to forgive you and then kiss you like there is no tomorrow." He looks up at me, a spark in his eyes. I know he's hoping that I'll do just that, but he hurt me and I just need time.

"But there is tomorrow and a day after and so on. I just need time to get over this. Please respect that cause I can only handle so much of this in such a short amount of time." I say looking down, gripping the handle of the door like it's gonna save me from this mess.

He stares at me for a minute and I see so many emotions flash through his eyes. "This isn't goodbye for good, right?" Derek asks and I shake my head, smiling to myself a little.

"Derek, there is no way in hell that I could walk away from you for good. Just give me some time to think, I'll be knocking on your door sooner than you think," I say softly, giving him one last look before I walk out the door.

"I'll see you soon, Derek. I love you," I don't wait for a reply and I shut the door and make my way out do the apartments, using all my willpower not to go back and embrace me one and only love.

A/N: I know it took forever to get this up. I am so sorry, I'm having to do these from my phone and it is such a struggle. My phone is way too small for this xD

This was supposed to be really sad, but I just can't imagine ever hurting Derek so unless it's requested I'm probably gonna do happy ones! Sorry it took so long! Love ya guys

~Cammy