Chapter 2

Adrien went straight home transforming back and crashed down on his bed

     Adrien went straight home transforming back and crashed down on his bed. Ladybug, was in love with somebody else? "What happened to you?" Plagg asked. Adrien turned his head, "Shes in love someone else." He said," I dont get it, who can spend more time with her then me? Who could treat her any better then i do. This is stupid, im a hero we spend time everyday together, she should like me! Even if its a little, who could this guy be anyway." Adrien said turning his sorrow into anger. He stood up and started pacing his room, "What could this guy have that i dont, who could possible be better then a super hero! Im like her best friend, and shes tell me she doesnt have any feelings for me?" Adrien kept pacing, he moved faster and faster just thinking of this guy. "Maybe they go to same school, or have been friends since kids, still we save Paris together, we work together how does she not like me!" He kept his hands in fists as he kept pacing not even looking at Plagg anymore. Adrien stopped looking down at the floor, "Hes one lucky guy, who ever he is. He must be amazing if Ladybug picks him over me, i just dont get it Plagg. I know she always rejects me but i still believed she might have liked me, even just a little." He said as he sat on his couch. He leaned back sighing, "I love her."

    "I cant believe that just happened Tikki!" Marinette said pacing her room. "I know he liked me but i thought it was just a crush, not that he was in love with me! What do i do?" Marinette asked. Tikki sat there watching Marinette pace the room and not stopping. "Marinette, you need to talk to him. Hes upset and he needs a friend, tell him you care about him but you just dont feel the same. " Tikki said. "He just left, what if he never shows up again!" Marinette kept pacing trying to figure it out. "I like Chat, just not like that. Whenever i think of romance all i can think of is Adrien. Chat has done so much for me i feel bad for not returning his emotions." Marinette said as she sat on her bed. "Dont worry Marinette, Chat Noir is just sad, once he calms down he'll understand." Tikki said flying over to Marinette sitting beside her. Marinette nodded hoping it was true.

     The next day Marinette was walking into class, she looked over at Adrien and saw he was upset and Nino was trying to talk to him but he kept quiet. She sat down and whispered to Alya,"Whats wrong with Adrien?" Alya looked down at him and Nino then looked back to Marinette, "Im not sure, he came into class like this and he wont tell Nino whats wrong." Alya whispered back. Marinette looked down at Adrien trying to figure it out, maybe it was his dad? After school Marinette went to Adrien, "Adrien, is everything ok?" She asked concerned. He nodded, "Yeah, everything's fine." He said trying his hardest to give a smile. All he could think about was Ladybug, her and some other guy that isnt him. "Are you sure? Youve looked upset all day." She said trying to get him to tell her the truth. Adrien sighed looking around then back down again, "It doesnt matter anyway Marinette." He said and started walking away. She sighed before grabbing his arm and started leading him into an empty class. "Adrien, its obvious something is bothering you, it helps to talk about it. I swear whatever you say i wont tell anyone, i just want to help." Marinette said. Adrien looked up at her and saw her eyes pleading for him to confess what is wrong. "Its just that, the girl im in love with, is in love with someone else." He said. Marinette felt her heart break all at once. She wasnt expecting that and she wasnt ready for it either, it hurt so much but she smiled for him she has to try and cheer him up and then she can cry about it later. "Adrien, i know it might hurt that she doesnt love you, but you shouldnt give up yet. You'll met the one for you soon enough." Marinette smiled. Adrien didnt though, he started getting a bit angry. Ladybug is his true love, she is the only person for him thats why it hurts so much. He wanted to snap and yell at her but it was Marinette, shes only trying to help so he tried to stay calm. "Thanks, but this girl is my one. Theres no one else who could compare to her." He said. That felt like a bullet right in Marinette's chest. This was getting harder to hide but she kept the smile on her face for Adrien's sake. "Well, maybe you should give her time, maybe you'll grow on her." She said. "How long do i have to wait, shes the best thing that happened to me. I want to call her mine already. Shes the most beautiful girl ive ever met, shes super kind, she knows how to solve a problem, shes smart, a quick thinker, theres nothing i dont like about her." He said looking up smiling, "But again she doesnt like me like that." He sighed looking down. Marinette couldnt hold up anymore, her whole heart was crushed hearing him say that but she couldnt break down in front of him so she used everything she had to smile and say, "She sounds amazing, she'll fall for you soon Adrien." She stood up and walked out leaving Adrien alone in the classroom.