►Chapter Six◄

The only thing that continues to stay the same in this world is the fact that everything will change overtime. That's the only constant, the only thing that won't change. People grow and as they do so develop new traits and get rid of old ones the more experience they gain with certain things. This could be one of the reasons as to why I didn't find it suspicious in the slightest that Kenny, for once since we were much younger, actually wanted to talk to me.

That, and the fact that I'm stupid.

When he walked up to me, school had just let out and everyone was making their way out of the building. Halfway down the stairs that led to the sidewalk from the entrance of South Park High, Kenny popped up out of nowhere and slung an arm around me. This caused for me to nearly faint, as I wasn't expecting any physical contact whatsoever. Nonetheless contact from the love of my life himself. I was so wrapped up in a daze that I barely heard him say anything to me, but somehow I had been able to wake myself up and listen in.

"All of this art is really something, huh?" asked Kenny, his blue eyes sparkling as he watched my every move. I knew I couldn't hide my blush, my ears were so hot it felt like I was dehydrating in a desert, so I tried to play it off like it wasn't even there and instead smiled at him with a slight nod. He retracted his arm and nestled his hands inside of the pockets of his coat, turning his head forward but still glancing at me every once in a while as we descended the stairs.

"Yeah," I responded, trying my hardest to look away from him and rather stare up into the sky as if I were in my own little world. Really, I was nervous as all heck. "I think it's r-really something! I could never pull off art as cool as that! Not to mention my parents might blow a fuse if I were able to and they found out.." I stated casually, rubbing my knuckles together and glancing around awkwardly.

"Right." The two of us had ended up at the bus stop where several other students were awaiting the vehicle to show up and take them to their destination. Unlike most other days, I paid absolutely no mind to them. My thoughts were focused on everything involving Kenny. Kenny, Kenny, Kenny. That was basically all I was thinking at that moment, I was so dumb with love. "Well, I was wondering if you'd like to join me tonight in trying to find out whoever this person is."

I paused, clenching my fists and staring at him in shock. "Uh, what was that?"

Grinning, Kenny shrugged. "You know, help me and the rest of the guys find whoever's vandalizing South Park. We thought we could get an award for it or something."

"R-really?" I asked, mentally wincing at my own voice crack. It was hard not to break out into a huge smile at him wanting me of all people to help out. I didn't even think it was because he was onto me or anything. I mean, sure, Kenny's real smart and all but there was no possible way he could have already figured it out or had any suspicions whatsoever! I looked at my feet and smiled, rubbing my knuckles together. "Aw shucks, I don't know if I'd be any help.."

Considering the fact that I'm actually the one you're looking for.

The bus pulled up and Kenny shrugged, hopping inside and taking a seat in the middle. I was about to sit behind him like I always did when he gave me an odd look. "Where're you going? Sit down." He pat the spot next to him and, feeling flustered, I plopped down beside the boy. Everything about this seemed so amazing, almost too amazing. Dear God, please don't tell me I'm dreaming! Once everyone was piled into the bus and the driver took off into the streets, Kenny turned his full attention to me again. "So, what do you say? Will you meet me at the school tonight?" he asked, leaning closer with a smirk and staring at me expectantly.

"Oh geez, we-well I guess I can't say no to that," I obliged, the biggest grin on my face. He leaned back to the sitting position of a regular person. I watched the way his hair swung every time he moved his head even the slightest, how his eyes would shine and sparkle every now and then, how his body moved under that annoying baggy jacket.. Holy fudge balls, I'm so in love with this boy. "Uh, wh-what time did you say?"

Seemingly satisfied with himself, Kenny glanced over at me with a smile. "How about around midnight? Right in front of their most recent painting."

The heart. He wants to meet in front of a heart. That sounds so gosh darn romantic!

"That sounds pretty awesome, Ken!" I smiled over at him, feeling my heart pound. It felt like my whole body was flushed and there were weird butterflies trying to escape the pit of my stomach. I was used to it. It's a feeling I've associated with Kenny ever since elementary school when I should have gotten some sort of award for figuring out what love is. "So, how do you think we'll find him?"

"Cartman's got cameras everywhere dude, we're just patrolling the area," stated Kenny with a slight shrug. I nodded and when the bus came to a stop, Kenny got up and I let him out of the seat before pushing myself against the window. "Later, Butters."

"Bye-a Kenny!" I grinned, waving at him as he hopped off the bus.

I was so happy the entire ride home that when I got there, I hurried passed my mother who was reading on the couch and into my room so I could shut the door and scream happily into my pillow. This was no doubt going to be the best night of my life!