►Chapter Nineteen◄

After Mr. Higgins had gotten off the phone with my parents, he told me that they wanted to come down immediately and talk about it face to face with both him and myself. He told me to get comfortable as we waited, and I ended up sitting there through the end of lunch. I was going to be late for class and then I'll get in trouble for that too! I don't know how the heck I could have made myself comfortable in a situation like that, so I just sat and waited. My dad must've had the day off, because within minutes he walked through the door.

"Take a seat Mr. Stotch."

He sat down next to me and straightened himself up. "Please tell me again what my son did this time?"

Oh boy...

Mr. Higgins cleared his throat. "Well, it appears that he was trying to steal the answer sheet for an upcoming test of his."

"Really," my father stated more than questioned. He turned to me with a hard stare. "What could have possibly possessed you to do that?"

"Gee - uh - I-I don't know..." I replied nervously.

"Leopold Stotch," growled Dad, "your mother is not happy about this at all, and neither am I."

"Now I'm sure he didn't mean any harm by it," Mr. Jiggins interrupted. I could tell that he was sending my father's emotions and didn't want some sort of yelling contest to start or something. "All I ask is for you to sit down with the boy and talk to him. Parental involvement is very important in a teenager's life."

"Sir, I appreciate you trying to help," said my father, turning his glare onto the principal, "but don't tell me how to raise my own son."

"I apologize for offending you."

"Come on Butters, let's go." My father stood up and grabbed me by the arm to pull me to my feet.

Mr. Jiggins stood up. "Your son is not suspended from school. He has never done anything bad until this point and so I'm letting him off with a warning, since I still want him learning in a classroom. However, he does have a week's worth of detention."

"Thank you for bringing this to my attention," said my dad as he let go of me and took a step back. "His mother and I will certainly not be letting him off as easily as you have. You see, we believe in something called consequences. Good day." He nodded his head and turned away, only to stop when his eyes landed on me. "Come home immediately after school."

"S-sure Dad.." I responded, nodding my head. With that, he walked out and slammed the door behind him, making me jump. I turned to Mr. Jiggins after being startled by the loud noise and waited for him to give me the 'OK' to go to class.

We just sort of stared at each other in uncomfortable silence before he finally let out a heavy sigh. "I'll write you out a pass," he said, taking out a small piece of paper. "Really, though. Why'd you do it?" He asked whilst writing out my excuse for being late.

"Oh - uhh - I-I'm not quite sure what the heck I was thinking, sir.." I lied, staring at my feet. I felt like I was going to start crying with all that just happened, and I knew that my mom would be even more sore than my dad was about this all.

Mr. Jiggins signed his name and handed me the pass, and as I shakily took it he said to me; "You're a good kid, Leopold. Don't let something like this happen again."

I didn't know what to say to that, so all I did was take my note and nod at him. Swallowing a lump in my throat, I clutched the slip of paper and hurried out the door into the hallway of South Park high, not looking back to the principal's office.

When I passed by those stupid lockers with 'K.M.' written boldly on them, I just had to stop and stare at it. I wasn't at all surprised to see it still there - the school worked on a budget and couldn't afford a way to scrub it off or replace the locker doors. But I wished that they had done that, because I regretted spraying out my love's initials like that. It was stupid of me for more than one reason.

I sighed to myself and leaned against the wall, not wanting to go to class just yet. Instead, I took out my phone and checked who it was that messaged me earlier.

One New Message.
From: Kenny
Message: What happened?

I found my cheeks turning hot at this and all of a sudden I broke out into a giant grin, because oh my goodness Ken actually cares!

To: Kenny
Message: I just sort of did something stupid..

Rather than going back to class I just sort of stood there and waited for a response. It I were going to get in trouble, then I'd rather it be for Kenny rather than anyone or anything else. I didn't think he'd respond all that fast since he was in his own classroom, but he sure did prove me wrong.

From: Kenny
Message: Well how about we hang out after school today and you can tell me all about it ;)

The first thing that ran through my mind was, 'Oh dear, Kenny just asked me to hang out with him! And he put a winky face!!' Of course, that was until I remember I had to get home immediately after school or else I'd really be in trouble..

To: Kenny
Message: Gee i'd really love to but I gotta get home as soon as possible today!

From: Kenny
Message: Then meet me behind school at midnight.

For a good minute, I just stared at this text in astonishment. This just had to mean something, right? You wouldn't just flirt mindlessly with someone who has a crush on you without caring a sliver about their feelings.. Right?

Butters, Kenny flirts with everyone.

I sighed and sent him a message telling him that I'd be there, and then I went to my classroom, thinking so myself about how in love I am with Kenny. In my eyes, there wasn't anything wrong with him. But maybe I was a little too lovesick to understand anything..