Chapter 1

" Maralen if you don't bring yo black ass in here now ! "

" Hold on momma I'm coming. "

" Maralen ! " my mother chanted repeatedly

" Yes! Momma, what do you want? "

" Go get Rockey and take him for a walk "

Maralen P.O.V

I didn't want to walk Rockey because it was hot as always in Brooklyn New York since it was summer. But now I can finally show off the outfit I bought from Rainbow 2 weeks ago going on 3 tomorrow.

I grabbed my Rainbow bag and threw it on my bed and did my morning dailies which took me 40 minutes to do.

I walked over to my bed retrieved my rainbow bag and pulled out my clothes and put them on.

I was wearing an all-black strapless belly shirt with lace flower patterns. With a black and white triangle patterns skirt showing off my slim golden brown legs and my honey brown knees. Finishing with my black and white Adidas. For my makeup, I just did my brows my joints had to be popping and my good luck lip gloss. I call it good luck because no lie every time I wear it somebody's son would always try to holla at ya girl. With the jewelry, my dad got me for my 16th birthday that just passed.

 With the jewelry, my dad got me for my 16th birthday that just passed

I walk out into the living room just to see Rockey running around.

" Rockey get here now boy! " I was kind of getting annoyed that I always have to walk him.

Azorihana ( mom ) P.O.V

I walk into the living room to see marmar ( Maralen ) all dressed up to walk Rockey. She better not be going anywhere without letting me know.

Maralen P.O.V

" mommy after I walk Rockey can I go to the court with Aaliyah and Tiana? " I asked with my hard to say 'no' smile.

" Who's gonna be up there ? " . she asked now placing her hands on her hip.

" I don't know, humans ". I said trying to get my mom to crack a smile which was successful.

" Be back at a certain time Maralen. "
She said being serious because she only calls me by my full name when she was serious.

"Okay love you. " I said before kissing her forehead standing over her 5'4 frame at 5'7.

I walked out the door just as I start to walk while being glued to my phone Rockey takes off causing me to lose my grip on his leash. He goes down the street! Around the corner! Into the store!

I knew this by the screaming coming from the store. I had finally caught him and popped him on the bottom. As I was walking out the Hispanic guy from the register started yelling at me in Spanish.

I was about to curse his ass out but before I could even get that first word out a man around my height a little taller came from one of the aisles. His skin was a pretty shade of brown. He had thick beautiful lips and his eyes! Those eyes were so full and brown. We hadn't made close up eye contact yet but you could see the spark they had from a distance. His hair was in deep sea waves. And the beard just topped off his daddyish look.