Same About You

"I just felt a wave, an emotion, and right then I knew that everything had changed."

      I spent my morning hanging out with Marco and giving him a few snowboarding lessons. As I said, I was no expert at it, but he insisted. I didn't mind tho, gave me an excuse to be out of my room and actually hang out with someone I knew that wasn't family. I was back in my room changing out of my gear into something comfortable. I was going to grab something to eat with Marco. Hayley wasn't in my room at the time, which was good. I didn't want her thinking the worst or giving me another one of her talks like last night. I told her that Marco was just a friend, that's it. Nothing more. I walk back downstairs to meet up with Marco at a cafe in the resort. I haven't talked to Johnnie knowing that he was still asleep. But I still decide to text him.

*Hey sleepyhead, let me know when you're finally awake*

Only 4 more days until I'm back in California. New Years Eve was tomorrow and after the holiday I was going to go back home to grab the last of my things, then on a plane back to my new home. As I get to the cafe I see Marco sitting at a table, looking at a menu. I go over and take a seat across from him.

"Hey have you been here long?" I ask.

He looks up and smiles. "Just got here probably a minute ago." He hands me a drink. "It's hot chocolate. Hope you don't mind that I ordered you one."

"No it's fine. Thank you."

He smiles again. "So when are you flying back?"

"Four days. Just four more days."

"You seem to be happy about that."

I shrug. "Have someone waiting for me back home. Aren't you looking forward to go back?"

He sighs. "Honesty I can't wait to get school over with so I can move back home."

"Why's that?"

"All my friends are here. The only real friend I've had in CalArts is Claudio. And well now you. But other than that my life is here."

"So why did you choose a school in California? If I may ask."

"To be honest I did it to run away from my problems."

I stay quiet.

"Growing up, I had serious anger issues. My dad was sort of a dick to me after he left my mom. Unfortunately for me I had to stay with him despite all that because my mom was in rehab. It was tough and I pretty much let out my anger of the whole thing in a negative way. But my friends kept me sane.Or at least tried to most times. But even with them being there for me, I still couldn't help but feel guilty of everything I've done. So once I graduated I left. Being gone did help for a bit. But then I found out my mom finally got clean, remarried, got custody of my younger sister. My friends, they've been doing great things themselves. And I've been missing out on all that." He pauses and smiles. "I'm sorry. I-I don't even know why I just told you all that."

I shyly smile to him. "Don't be sorry. I'm happy that you told me. It helps me get to know you more since we barely talked in school. I'm glad everything in your life turned around. I mean not too long ago I went through changes myself that turned my life around."

"And what may that be? If you don't mind me asking?"

Before I can answer his question, my phone starts to ring. I take it out my pocket to see who's calling. It's Johnnie. What is he doing awake at this time? I can't remember the last time he was awake this early.

"Sorry Marco. One second, I have to take this."

He nods letting me know it's fine. I walk outside the cafe and answer.