wolf

^scout

Instead of getting ice cream, like Andy had originally talked about, the more they discussed it, the more they decided that snowballs would be a better idea.

Once they had ordered and were given their snowballs, chocolate with marshmallow for both boys, and Andy took his wallet out of his pocket to pay, Wolf caught a good, long glance at the small picture tucked into the plastic above the pockets for credit and debit cards. There was a picture of a girl.

The longer Wolf stared at it as Andy was busy handing his card to the cashier, the more he was able to study it and point out details.

The girl looked to be about twenty or so, maybe a year or two older. She was very pretty, flaunting a poofy, silky black skirt and a leather jacket with red cowboy boots to match her lipstick. Her wavy brown hair was long, cascading down past her shoulders. And her blue eyes...

Wait.

Hold on...

Scout.

Famous girlfriend of Andy Sixx, actress, scream queen...

And also the name on the tattoo on Andy's arm Wolf had seen the other night from a glance.

Wait a second...

Wolf tapped Andy's shoulder as he turned to walk from the snowball stand, and Andy turned around in response, handing Wolf's ice to him. "What's up?" he asked, sitting down on the bench nearby.

"Well," Wolf started, taking a seat next to Andy, and even though Wolf already knew very well who she was, he asked, wanting to know Andy's response, "I wanted to know... who's that girl in your wallet?"

Andy smiled a little looking down. He took out his wallet and unfolded it again, staring down at the picture solemnly. "Scout. She's my girlfriend," he answered, sounding quite fond of her just telling from the time of his voice.

"You must love her a lot," Wolf inquired, looking up at Andy curiously, hoping to know more.

"Yeah. She's away right now, filming for a movie. You know, she's an —"

"— Actress. I know," his mini-me replied with a knowing smile. He looked down, slightly embarrassed that he already knew everything from the internet and being a fan of Andy's music.

"Oh." Andy looked down at the picture again and smiled a little, then proceeded to close his wallet, burying it back in the front pocket of his skinny jeans.

"Do you miss her?"

Andy glanced up at Wolf, an intense look on his face. "Of course," he said with a nod of his head. "I love her very much. She's been gone for a while." He paused. "I can't wait to see her again." Standing and tossing his trash in the can nearby, Andy sighed. "I can show you some pictures and stuff at home."

"Okay," Wolf answered, smiling. He wanted to know as much about this Scout as he could. What if one day Scout and Andy got married and Scout became his mother figure? What if she because a big part of his life, and he would grow up like those other guys who still visited their moms as adults? That would be nice, Wolf thought. Finally, a mom who... cares.

Parents who care.

🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸

Later, as Andy finished showing a collection of old family pictures and pictures of he and Scout to Wolf, there was a light knock at the front door.

Wolf swore the split second whosoever hand hit the door, Andy shot up and bolted over, pulling the door open to reveal Scout.

Before Scout could even display her biggest smile, Andy lifted her into his arms, burying his face in her neck.