andy

He felt sad.

Scout had begged him not to go off his medications, and he had known she was right, but he did it anyway, and now....

He was sorry.

He thought that it would be okay, just for a couple of days, to go off his medications and go natural without them. He hadn't been off them since he was a kid, and he was tired of taking them constantly to be happy.... but one day of not taking his medications had turned into one day of hell.

Scout didn't know about it, and Andy liked to keep it that way. She was away in California at the time, shooting for a movie. If she knew, she would freak out and be extremely upset, trying to do everything she could do to help, yet still feeling helpless.

She'd be home in two weeks' time.

Andy needed to get better by then.

He hadn't seen Dennis in a day or two, despite a quick passing in the hallway upstairs past his bedroom. Andy hoped he wasn't getting into trouble. He hoped he was okay.

Andy knew it was a scary, dangerous, nasty world out there, he knew that for sure, and had definitely had his share of that nastiness over the course of his lifetime. He knew his wife was subject to it. His son. His toddler grandson. His dear parents. His future daughter-in-law. Even his unborn son would eventually be too.

It was a cruel, cruel world. Andy almost didn't want to bring any more children into it.

But he had to continue to remind himself that it was worth it. He never knew what kind of great that another child could do, not the terror. But he needed to trust. He had to have faith.

Everyone living would struggle at one point in their life.

It was....

Life.

They would just have to find their way like everyone else.

Each and every one of them.

💔

in the media at the top of the chapter ~ fanart of andy from a year or so ago that i think describes really well what andy and dennis are both feeling inside. just thought i should include it, because it really is a beautiful piece.

also, p.s. check out the song 'life' by our lady peace. they're another one of my favorite bands and the song really helps with the kind of personal problems in this content.

never give in, bvb army!

<3, tfq1