Chapter 5

AYANO POV

Kokona was finally dead. But I didn't feel as content as I would usually feel. 'just shake it off Ayano, this is right for Senpai' But I wondered to myself, was it? Soon enough one of the teachers found Kokona's corpse and called the police. Classes were canceled for the investigation. But there was not enough evidence to perform an arrest so the student were sent home for the day. As I was walking home I heard a familiar voice "Ayano! wait up!" it was Budo. I got used to him calling me by my first name. "Hey Budo" the next few minuets of us walking were silent. I could sense tension. "Budo?" I asked concerned 'why am I concerned about him?' he looked away and said "It's nothing" that's when I knew something was up. I stopped in front of him, but he didn't stop soon enough and we both fell on the ground in an awkward position. Budo was on top of me which made me blush, but he was blushing harder. "Again?" I said teasing him. He got off of me quickly and helped me up. "so will you tell me now?" I asked "Lets go somewhere that's more private" he said looking around and pulled me into the nearest ally which was very narrow. "so whats up Budo?" he looked down "I-I saw you put that stuff into Kokona's Lunch" I was shocked by what he said 'if he witnessed the murder, then why didn't he report it to the police? that's what most people would do..' I looked away from him "I'm sorry you had to see that. I bet you hate me now." He put his hands on my shoulder as I said that "I don't hate you. I just want to know why you did it" as I thought of a good reason, I slid to the ground with my hands over my eyes. I started to cry as Budo sat down with me. "I guess I don't have a good reason" I said wiping my tears. Then Budo hugged me. At first it surprised me, but then it welcomed me and I hugged him back.