Chapter 2

The shiny glass building in downtown New York was towering over me as if warning me to stay far away from it. The Hawk Corporations stood proudly making everyone realize its power. I got an unsettling feeling which scared me a bit before entering the building.

With that thought in mind, we entered the building and I saw a receptionist in the lobby. We walked towards her "Hi, Good Morning, I am Mr. Mckenzie and we are here to meet Mr. Hawk" my dad told her. She was very pretty and a model like. I think all the employees in here are like their office building. Beautifully styled and with a great persona which made people a bit scared of them.

But she seemed to be very polite ,
"Mr. Hawks office is on the topmost floor. The elevators there will take you there"
she smiled at us when she gave us the directions to her boss's office.

We entered the large elevator and pressed the button to the top floor where the owners office was located. I could still feel the tension and nervousness radiating from my dad. So I just held his hand and gestured him with my eyes and a small smile that everything will be fine. "We will make it dad" I said and the elevator doors dinged opened. We stepped out and there was one more girl at the desk. She was the secretary to the boss as per the name stand on her desk.
We introduced ourselves to her and asked to inform Mr. Hawk that we are here. She looked at me from top to bottom and narrowed her eyes at me. What was her problem I thought to myself. She gave me a dirty grin and called someone probably the boss to tell him about our arrival. I let go of her for the looks she directed towards me and decided to ignore her.

"Mr. Hawk is ready to see you" she said " Thats the way to his office" she showed with her hands and we walked towards the door.

Dad knocked on the door. "Come in" came a deep husky voice from inside. Dad entered and I followed him. As soon as I entered I saw a grand office which was almost double the size of my room and might I add my room is quite big. What I saw here was an enormous room with a sitting area on side and a big table placed right in front of the full glass window.

As I averted my eyes I saw a man sitting in his chair, his head down and he was reading something from the file.

"Good morning Mr Hawk" my dad wished him and with that he looked up. As soon as my eyes landed on him I froze, this man was definition of hotness, extremely sexy with those green eyes and perfectly sculpted body. I stood there staring at him until I heard his deep and sexy voice again when he wished my dad "Good morning Mr McKenzie, Please have a seat"

His eyes then turned to me and locked with mine for a split second when he averted them back to my dad. " Mr. Hawk, this is my daughter Alyssa" my dad introduced me to him. I extended my hand to meet his and as soon as I touched his hand, I felt a jolt of electricity so I withdrew my hand immediately. "Hello Ms. McKenzie. Have a seat" he said. " Hello and thank you" I said in a very meekly voice as if I had to force the words out of my mouth. I took a seat next to my dad and looked down because it was difficult not to stare at this beautiful piece in front of me.

"So, Mr. McKenzie, as far as I know you owe me about a million dollar and you were supposed to repay me those by the end of last month which you still haven't. May I ask why??" He said in a very stern voice.

"Mr. Hawk, my company faced some crucial losses in past few months and I lost many of my shares and money which I put into the business. Repaying such a big amount became difficult and my debts kept increasing that I couldn't repay you back. All I want is few more days to recover it. Please, give me some time." Dad said in a very low tone.

"Mr Mckenzie, I don't care if you faced loses or not , you were supposed to pay me by now and I don't know how but you have to clear your debts now" The hawk guy angrily yelled.

I was getting angry and impatient watching my dad sitting there completely restless.

"Mr. Hawk, all we are asking for is some time" I interrupted in between.

"Ms. Do you not know it is rude to interrupt when two elderly people are talking" he said giving me a sharp look.

"Sorry Mr. Hawk" my dad said "Alyssa , be quiet " my dad told me " But dad.." I started but he stopped me saying "Alyssa, please let me talk. ". I kept quiet and let them both talk.

"So, Mr. McKenzie how do you plan to repay me? " Mr Hawk asked my dad

"Please give me some time, I will surely repay you back"my dad pleaded.

I couldn't control seeing my dad like this so I again spoke up "Mr. Hawk, I am looking for a job and as soon as I get one, I ll start repaying you " I said hurriedly. " please give us some time".  He narrowed his eyes at me again as if it dint affect him that we both were pleading him.

He kept silent for a minute. I don't know what was he thinking but I hope he gives a thought about our condition and extend the time.

"Ok, Mr. McKenzie I will extend your time by 3 months but I have a few conditions" he sternly said. I sighed in relief that we got the extension but I was worried that what might be his conditions.

"So, my first condition is that I ll keep your house as mortgage and therefore you ll have to empty the house within next two days..." "Mr. Hawk, please don't do this, where will we stay. Don't take our house from us " my dad interrupted him. "Mr. McKenzie, let me finish" he yelled again. "Sorry " dad said and kept quiet.

"As I was saying you will have to empty the house within two days, I know Mr. Mckenzie you have another house in upstates, so you wont have any problem moving there" he smirked at our shocked faces, how does he know about our other house.

"And, Ms. McKenzie, I heard your little speech before which concludes that you need a job? Am I right?" He asked with the smirk still on his face. I nodded. I hope he is not planning something evil that will affect with the whole job scenario.

"Ms. McKenzie, you will work for me as my assistant, I know you have dropped out of your Graduate school and so that doesn't make you fully qualified for any job in your field. And no company will hire anyone without a complete degree" he said very proudly as if this was his big achievement trying to show others down.

I was shocked to the core thinking what the hell is this man saying. That I work as his assistant. No ways will I work as an assistant, I am a half Computer graduate. I can definitely get a decent job with my half qualifications. I will hell not work for him. Who does he think he is telling me I wont get a job, but then he is the man who we owe a lot of money.

"Mr. McKenzie, I hope you will empty the house within two days and also fill in your daughter about her job as my personal assistant. And if you are worried where will she stay if you empty the house , then let me tell you I have a building where all the employees reside, who do not have house here in NYC." He told my dad with the smirk still plastered on his face. "I hope you got what I just said"

I was getting angrier by the second as he kept talking. I do not want to be his assistant. I yelled in my thoughts. Dad and Mr. Hawk looked at me surprised. Oops I think I said that out loud. 

"Ms. McKenzie, do you have any problem? I think I made myself clear earlier that these are the conditions for the extension of your repayment otherwise I will not hesitate even a moment to send your dad to jail and bring you down on streets " he angrily yelled

No he cant send my dad to jail. I will have to work for this arrogant man. I have no other option I thought to myself. So I just mumbled an okay.

He smirked again and said "So, that will be all, Mr. McKenzie , move out in two days and you Ms McKenzie I want to see you here tomorrow at 8 in the morning sharp. I hate tardiness" and with that said our fates sealed.

A/N :Please forgive me if there are any problems with my grammar. And please do vote comment and share.
Thank you :)