Chapter 1-Ariels and Backhandsprings

Annie's POV:

So today was my first day back in the gym since I sprained my ankle. On bars I did amazing. My front giants and paks were perfect. On to beam. Luckily Coach Mary started me on the floor beam to practice side ariels. This is the skill I got hurt on. I practiced and landed every single one perfectly. Coach Kim sent me to the high beam with no high mats underneath. She said to take it slow. I took deep breaths and focused myself. I stick my leg up and think. Memories raced in my mind. "You can't do this!", "You'll get hurt!", "Annie why are you even trying?!?!" yelled my brain. I jump off the beam and run out of the gym. I go straight to the bathroom. If only Liv was here and I still liked her. She was always the one who would help me. 

Hayley's POV:

Gym time. My favorite part of the day. I got sent to beam. My coach had me do backhandspring drills. She told me to throw it on the high beam. So I did. I prepared myself and told myself I was ready for this. I throw myself back, my hands miss the beam I land right on my face. The world turned black. I woke up by the cubbies with Coach Kim standing over me. "Hayley?" she asked while slightly shaking me. "What happened?" I asked. "You missed your hands on the beam and you hit the ground hard." she said and still continued... "There's a good chance you have a concussion." Great! Now I can't do gymnastics for a month!