Chapter 13- Promise Me

Annie's POV:

"Annie. Annie" I heard someone saying and shaking me. I opened my eyes. I was Daddy. "We are in Chicago and almost at the station so get your things together." I started stuffing things in my bag. I stuffed my train pillow in there too. The train stopped. Almost everyone got out. W arrived in what looked liked an airport basement. I walked over to see the outside. I looked out the window and saw nothing. It reminded me of my home. Empty and blank. "We have 50 minutes" said Officer Greene. We found a bench and sat down. Daddy and Hayley went to find some snacks while Mommy and Officer Greene talked about the rest of the way. I decided to text Katie even though it was 1:00am. (This is their text messages)

K- I'm coming. I can't believe ur leaving.

A- (frowny face emoji)

1:03am

A- We are in Chicago safe and sound. I am already missing you. Hayley made me cry in the car because she made a comment about us leaving Caleb. Promise me one thing? You'll watch over him?

I can't believe she responded!

K- Of course I will. I was worried about you so that's why I'm up. Missing you too! 

I had to put my phone down because I was going to cry. Daddy and Hayley were walking back towards us with two bags. "Plans changed," said Mommy, "we have to get out at Denver now." "D***it. On the bright side, we found food and souvenirs." "We will give you them on the train" said Hayley. "Do you want to see if we can see anything upstairs" asked Daddy. I agreed since we still had 30 minutes. Mommy joined us which left Officer Greene with our bags. 

We went up an elevator which then took us to a dirty little underground hallway which led to a glass elevator and an escalator. We took up the escalator which took us to the airport part of Chicago. We still couldn't see anything because it was just a lot of skycaps outside and to get into the safety part of the airport, we would need tickets and go through security, which I hated. Hayley and I were silent through the whole walk back. Mommy and Daddy talked. We just enjoyed the dark, dirty hallway to the elevators. We were almost back to the bags when we could see Officer Greene sprinting towards us. "The train's leaving now! We need to hurry!" We grabbed our bags and sprinted towards the train. We got on just in time because as soon as we got in, the train started moving. We were all out of breath but still found our seats. Officer Greene explained that the train was ahead schedule at every stop so they wanted to stay that way because the mountains would slow us down. This made me worry even more. What if the train flips and we all die! I could hear Officer Greene talking I turned around to see him with another officer. "This is Annie" he said. I waved and the man introduced himself. "I'm Officer Quinn" he said. Mommy also turned around to meet the officer. "This is your new next-door neighbor." I was shocked. This is him. He seems so nice and was not what I expected. He also had his family with him. He introduced the family. The mom's name was Grace and the officer's first name was Parker. The oldest daughter, Alaska, was a level 9 gymnast and 13 years old. Carolina was a level 3 gymnast and 9 years old. The oldest child was 14 and his name was Oliver. He was super cute, to me. The parents moved so the kids were next to each other. My row had three seats so I sat on the window, Alaska sat in the middle, and Oliver sat on the end. Across the way, Hayley and Carolina sat together. They asked us to call them by their nicknames. Alaska's was Skye, Carolina's was Caroline, and Oliver's was Oli which he prefers not to be called but still told us anyway. They also told us that their grandparents live in Chicago so that's why they were there. As much as I didn't want this to happen, I am kind of happy we met them. 

SORRY FOR THE LONG CHAPTER(ITS NOT THAT LONG THOUGH). ON A MORE IMPORTANT NOTE, SHOULD I CHANGE MY PROFILE PIC? PLZ ANSWER!