Chapter 15- Setback Central

Hayley's POV:

We hit Grand Junction. That means 3 more stops until Salt Lake City. I'm getting really nervous. I feel really sick. Caroline keeps trying to talk to me but I was too scared to talk so her and her sibling are playing a card game. I look over and see Annie staring out the window. She's nervous too. What if the dogs died on the way here. What if the house still has people in it. What if it burnt down. What if the new coaches are mean. What if they don't like me. Will my new teacher like me? All these things soared through my head. I really need to stop with the "what if" stuff. We still have 2 hours but there is no way I am falling asleep. It's almost 3am so that means we will get there at 5ish. Since I was driving myself crazy with all the thinking, I pulled out my crayons and started to draw. I drew a house. The old house. I drew the dogs and the trampoline and the lake with the boat in it and then our neighbors. We finally stopped again. 2 more I told myself. Then, I pulled out my headphones and turned on my music. Geronimo started playing. I started crying. Mommy saw and walked over and sat me down on her lap. I then drifted into a deep sleep.

Annie's POV:

Hayley started crying. I don't know why but Mommy saw and comforted her. Oliver and Skye were playing go fish. They asked if I wanted to play but I said no. I was too stressed. They could tell I was so they left me alone. I haven't done gymnastics in days. I was dying to do a press handstand. It was not a good idea to do one in a moving train that could stop at...SCREEEEEECCCCCCCHHHHHHHHH... My head flew forward and I bonked it against the seat, Oliver and Skye's cards went everywhere, Hayley woke up, Caroline fell while coming back from the bathroom, and people dropped their drinks everywhere. "What just happened" asked Skye. "I'm not sure. We aren't even close to Helper" said Officer Quinn. "We are having brake problems at the moment," said someone over the intercom, "we should be back and running soon." People made whining noises. "The brakes seem to be working perfectly fine" said Caroline resting against her seat. "They don't want to say exactly what's wrong" said Daddy. People stood up, stretching. So did we. "It may be a while" said Ms. Grace. Great. Now we have taken a turn to Setback Central.