Chapter 4- The Letter and the Boy

Annie's POV:

The letter had those colorful magazine letter you see in creepy movies. There was only one thing that was different. This wasn't a movie. The letter read: HELlo braTayley famILY, thIs Is NOT a jokE. aS lOng As you rEad ThiS letteR AnD open ThIs boX yoU sHall bE CursED. This letter gave me the chills. But why the knife. Seriously. After I handed him back the note he told me dinner was ready. I walked downstairs with him. Hayley and Mommy were on one couch with Piper. Daddy and I sat down where GG and Winnie were laying. We ate our soup in silence. It was only 4 and we were eating dinner. This day was messed up. "It's still 70 degrees" said Daddy. "Why don't you edit, Billy. That way Annie can go on the trampoline or to the dock but still have us watching her" said Mommy. We agreed to go outside to get some fresh air. I practiced all sorts of skills until Daddy said "I will be right back, Annie. Mom needs to use the bathroom but doesn't want to leave Hayley." "Okay" I replied. The door closed and this huge gust of wind blew my hair into my face. I clear the hair out of my face and see a bright, orange disc flying right at my face. I ducked. I picked it up and got off of the trampoline. A boy with light brown hair and shining blue eyes emerged from the trees. "Sorry 'bout that" he said. I stared at him, daydreaming of us walking on the beach. "Girl? Are you okay" he asked. I snapped out of my daze. "Sorry,"I said handing him his frisbee. "I'm Annie." "Nice to meet you" he said, "I'm Laker" he said. "I just moved here from Georgia" he announced."I was born in Georgia" I blurted out. So stupid. "Well it was nice to meet you" he said stepping through the (made up) portal into the other yard. I turned around and headed back inside.