Episode X6: Caught!

THEME MUSIC (“Jazzy Interlude”, Billy Munn)

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: (V.O.) You’re listening to the Adventures of me, Herbert “Daring” Dashwood, and my stalwart ghoul manservant, Argyle. Today’s episode? “Caught!”

THEME MUSIC CONTINUES TO 0 M 10 S.

SCENE: EXTERIOR. NUMEROUS VOICES, AND FAINT BUT RAUCOUS SINGING.

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: What a disaster - Argyle, Will, and I, all captured by slavers and crammed into a cage on the edge of their camp, to await who knows what fate! Wilberforce, this is all your fault.

WILBERFORCE DASHWOOD: My fault? I'm not the one who tried to cut a bargain that involved selling your younger brother as a slave!

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: I would have come back to rescue you. And it's still your fault - after all, you're betrothed to Miss Penelope Chase, slaver queen! But not to worry, Argyle and I will get you out of here. Right, Argyle?

ARGYLE: (GRUNTING) Just a second, boss! If I can manage to twist the lock off – (SOUND OF PIECES OF METAL BANGING TOGETHER. LOUD SQUEEK)

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: Argyle, you magnificent -

ARGYLE: (CUTS OFF DASHWOOD. SOUNDS DEJECTED) Sorry, boss. It didn't work. This lock is a lot tougher than it looks.

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: Keep trying, old chum, keep trying!

CASSANDRA : (STAGE WHISPER) Pssst!

WILBERFORCE DASHWOOD: (SURPRISED) Cassandra!

CASSANDRA: Will! Did they hurt you?

WILBERFORCE DASHWOOD: Not physically, but they did lock me up in a cage with my brother. That's pretty painful.

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: Come to mock your victims, eh, Penelope?

CASSANDRA: (EXASPERATED) How many times do I have to tell you? My name isn't Penelope!

ARGYLE: That ain't what you told the slavers, Miss.

CASSANDRA: What was I supposed to do? Tell them that I wasn't their missing leader, and let them lock me up in there with you fellows? I'm not a complete fool. And my sister seems to have had them totally in her thrall.

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: You mean that you had them totally in your thrall. I don't know what you're playing at, Miss Chase, but I assure you, we will not fall for your tricks.

CASSANDRA: Does this look like a trick to you, Mr. Dashwood?

ARGYLE: Boss! She has the key!

END SCENE

THEME MUSIC (“Jazzy Interlude”, Billy Munn)

HERBERT “DARING” DASHWOOD: (V.O.) Be sure to tune in next time for another exciting Adventure of me, Herbert “Daring” Dashwood, and my stalwart ghoul manservant, Argyle!

THEME MUSIC CONTINUES TO END