Chapter 3 - You lied to me!?

We're in the living room and I don't know if I should be happy or fuming about the fact that my parents lied to me. Turns out my dad was never sick to begin with.

"Why? Why did you lie to me?!" I was pacing back and forth with my parent sitting in the love seat looking like two children that was naughty and getting yelled at.

"Do you have any idea how stressed and upset I was when I got the news?" I'm just hurt now and in defeat plop myself down on the couch opposite of them.

"Sweetie I know that what we did was wrong and made you upset, but we, your mother and I, decided that you have been hiding for way too long. We also missed you incredibly, you left without warning." I could tell dad felt bad about their "news" to get me here. He probably knew I'd be angry, but thought it would all be worth it, it might just be, but right now I'm just emotionally drained and exhausted.

"I know I left suddenly and without saying goodbye, but I knew if I did not do it I would not have left. It was the less painful way for me even though it wasn't fair to you. I decided to leave the letter so that you at least won't think I got kidnapped or something. I had to do this for me and me alone." The lump in my throat is starting again from all the memories and emotions I had about the day I left.

"We understand sweetie pie. We just wished you would have allowed us to visit, at least once. Even though we talked over the phone a bit your father and I still don't know that much about you and all the things you've done. We don't even know where you have been living all this time. It hurts us, it feels like you don't trust us anymore." It's evident that my mother is hurt, more than she is leading on.

I sigh and looked earnestly at them, wanting the to understand. "I know mom. It's not that I don't trust you, I just wanted to be on my own without anyone knowing where I am and what I'm doing with my life, maybe one day I might tell you the whole story, but all I want you to know now is that all the things I went through and the decisions I made from the day I left, made me into the strong, confident woman that is sitting in front of you." Their faces showed hints of hurt and a lot of sympathy. This is just too much for me. My tears are threatening to spill from eyes right about now.

"Would you please excuse me? I've had a long day and just need a breather. Do you mind if I go take a nap?" My voice is breaking and I can hardly speak anymore.

My dad was quick to come to my rescue. "Sure love, we left your room the same. Just took down your pictures and put them in a box in the last drawer of your dresser."

"Thanks daddy." I missed calling him that. I went to my room, closed the door behind me and fell on the bed allowing the tears to start, wondering how I'm going to survive these two months.

~~~~~~

"Azora? It's time for dinner." My mom whispers into my room.

"Okay I'll be there now." My voice sounds thick and husky I blame all the crying for this. After doing damage control to my eyes I went down stairs. The sweet aroma of food hits my nostrils and my mouth starts to water immediately. Oh how I missed my mother's cooking. We fell into easy conversation just like the good old days, the only one missing is my brother, Keven. He's a year and couple of months younger then me, I guess that makes him about 25 or 26 now.

I couldn't resist I had to ask. "How's Keven doing?"

"He's doing fine now. Since he moved out he matured a lot and have surprised us. He has a girlfriend now they have been dating for 4 years." My mom is whispering now "Don't tell anyone but we think he might propose to her." 4, I haven't liked that number ever since ... no I'm not going there not now. I clear my throat pushing back memories that I have managed to suppress.

"I'm glad for him. Sounds like he has completely changed." I truly am happy for him. He was so shy and kept to himself.

The rest of dinner was pleasant. Even though I took a nap I was still exhausted.

As I went to bed I glanced at the drawer with the pictures, but decided tonight was not the night to open old wounds.

***Note from author***

Okay that's all I have for now. Let me know what you think.

Vote comment and share