Chapter 13 - Confessions

I turned around on my heel, I need to speak to Suzanna. "TJ you can put the pizzas in the kitchen and-"there comes giggles from the living room "then as you can hear the love birds are in the living room. Please excuse me I need to go and murder your sister now." Just before I could take the corner and enter the living room TJ grabbed my hand and dragged me into the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" I'm annoyed now and very close to being mad. I specifically told Suzanna not to do something like this.

"Look I know you're not happy I'm here, but don't take it out on Suzanna. I texted her and found out that she was spending the day with you, so I asked how you were doing and she told me that you are sick. Later on Keven told me he's coming here and that I need to bring dinner. I wanted to see how you were doing." He shrugs his shoulders out of habit. He used to do it a lot when I knew him five years back, I don't know why he does it.

I sigh and just look at him. I really don't know what to say to him.

"How are you feeling."

"Fine" I probably spoke too soon because he folds his arms across his broad chest and gives me the yea-right-look.

I look pleadingly at him but finally give in. "I feel terrible." I mumble as I lay my head on the counter.

"Where?" Awww he really does care.

"My head," I sneeze "my nose and my throat. I also think I have a fever." While I was talking he started searching through the kitchen cabinets. He started packing out pills for me while saying which I need to take for what. I just nodded while I still rested my head on the cool counter. A glass of water appeared in front of me, but before I could lift my head his hand was on my forehead checking my fever. Once he was done I started drinking the medication.

"Are you like a doctor or something?"

He looked amused. "Why do you ask?"

"Because you know so much about medicine."

He's looking for something again. "Um yea I'm a pharmacist." My mouth fell open. I couldn't believe it.

"What?" He held out a thermometer for me.

"I just never saw you going into that direction." I took the thermometer and put it in my mouth. After two minutes he took it out again and I put my head back on the counter.

He whistled "Azora, you are smokin'!"

I smiled. "You know if I did not know you just took my temperature, I would have thought your hitting on me."

"What if I am." I jerked up right from the fright he gave me and in the process we hit our heads because he was so close from whispering in my ear. I let out a yelp of pain. Suddenly I could hear laughter behind us.

"That ... was ... priceless!!" It was Keven, he's laughing so hard he could barely breath. I just stared at him blankly holding my now throbbing head. Suzanna also stood with a knowing smile next to Keven. When they sobered up and I knew one of them would be able to answer I asked, "How long have you been standing there?"

"Oh just long enough sis" he starts to chuckle again.

"Anyway I'm starving, so let's eat."

"Suzanna you just ate berry pancakes like 2 hours ago." I pointed out the obvious.

"It was 3 hours ago and F.W.I that cannot be called food it's a treat." She sticks her finger in my cheek.

"That's what I told you when you did not want to go." I sit back at the counter. To be honest if I have to eat now I'm going to end up feeding the toilet bowl.