Chapter 22 - My offer still stands

I have been fidgeting the whole morning not able to shake my nervousness. The guys should be here any moment. I was busy in the kitchen preparing lunch for us, my parents decided to make themselves scares in the house. I don't really know why I invited them from the beginning, I just knew we had to talk and that just ads to the butterflies in my stomach. I thought I'm too old to still be getting that butterfly sensation.  Just as I finished lunch the doorbell rang and my heart sped up.

Why am I shaking? It is so unnecessary to be this nervous, why cruel world, why? I open the door and there they are, TJ with a present in hand and Damion has pink roses in his. Oh crap, why does this feel so awkward now?

I frown looking past them and see that they each came with their own car. "Are you trying to bribe me?" I gave a nervous laugh and allowed them to come in. Should I like ... hug them? I really want to hug TJ but then I should hug Damion as well. Before I could react Damion pulled me in a hug and my eye caught TJ's. Well lets just say this, if he had laser eyes Damion's head would be full of holes.

Luckily, before it could get too awkward Damion released me and held out the flowers. "We did not plan this ... it just sort of happened?" He runs his hand through his hair as I took the roses smelling them. I always liked the smell of fresh flowers.

I could not help the smile that played on my lips as I hugged TJ and took his gift. "Oh how so?"

We headed to the kitchen while TJ explained. "We got here almost the same time and realized we both bought a gift for you."

I put the flowers in a vase and placed it on the breakfast bar opening TJ's gift last. Turns out its a box of chocolates, he sure knows how to sweeten my mood, pun intended. "Thank you, both of you, I'll except this bribe and indulge in them later." I put the chocolates by the flowers.

They garbed the plates of food and I garbed some lemonade heading to the porch.

"This is delicious!" TJ spoke still with his mouth half full, how ... handsome. Damion nodded in agreement shoving the food down his throat. Do they not have manners? They look like they haven't eaten for days.

"Thanks, but you know your going to regret eating so fast later right?"

They just shrugged and continued without slowing down. I look at their plates with longing, I worked so hard on lunch and they devour it with in minutes, not bothering to savoir the taste. Once we were done they took the dishes leaving me to my thoughts. They seem quite, it bothers me and makes me feel like something is wrong.

The next thing I knew they screamed behind me jolting me out of my thoughts and gave me a fright, leaving me breathless and my heart pounding in my ears. As they sat down they laughed so hard tears were streaming down their faces causing me to scowl at them with my hands still on my heart trying to calm it down. "You two will give me a heart attack! Why did you do that?" Neither one could answer me because they are still laughing. When they settled down Damion explained. "You looked so stressed since we got here, so we decided to lighten the mood. All that frowning will give you more wrinkles."

I role my eyes at them but could not help the smile spreading across my face. It feels good seeing them back to normal together, I thought they would never recover to this point. "I'm glad you two are back to normal. It puts my  mind to ease."

They both smiled at me nodding. "Once we talked we decided that you wouldn't want us to fight the way we did, so TJ and I have agreed on leaving you out of our fights and to let things go." I raised my eyebrows in question, but Damion just shrugs. "I told you Azora, what you said at the supermarket really got me thinking and you were right. I was creating unnecessary problems for all three of us by being stubborn and selfish. I really am sorry. I know it will take some time for the two of us to get back to as normal as possible and me being stubborn won't help the situation. I still regret what I did that day Azora, but I prefer to have you in my life as a friend rather then not having you in it at all. You are too precious for me not to have you in my life." I caught TJ's eyes quickly looking for any emotion but he kept a blank face not allowing me to know what he thinks about Damion's little speech.