Chapter 12 - He proposed!

My phone has been buzzing all morning. At around eight I looked at my phone and saw there are 12 messages and five missed calls. I just don't want to face anyone today. I need me time away from everything and everyone. I put my phone off and swallowed some aspirin feeling a headache coming along and crawled back into bed. When I got home last night I did not bother to change which is why I still have my dress on.

I must have fallen asleep again because the next thing I knew sun light flooded my room causing me to winch at the pain it caused in my head.

I did not bother to look at who opened my curtains, I already knew. "Please mom let me sleep, I have an extremely bad headache." I drew my blanket over head trying to go back to sleep.

"I'm not your mom." I abruptly sat up in my bed, which I immediately regretted as pain shot through my scull. What is she doing here?

"You look absolutely terrible you know. Like you went to war or something." I groan, I'm not dreaming she really is here. Great, just great. I'm glad about our new found friendship but she's pushing it today, again.

"Suzanna what do you want? I know I look terrible because I feel terrible." I started to sneeze spraying snot everywhere. Yes, I know gross and very unladylike of me, but it happened before I could prevent it.

"Eew, Azora? Please don't tell me your sick!?" She practically jumped away as I sneezed again.

"Well what do you think?" I ask sarcastically as I wipe my nose.

"I think that you getting sick is a defense mechanism and poor timing." She just doesn't have any sympathy for me, how rude.

"Where did the love of yesterday go? Have a little sympathy."I grumble still trying to wake up properly.

"Oh please that went out the door after 11 this morning when you still haven't answered any of my calls and my texts." She crosses her arms in front of her staring me down like I'm the one that stole all her candy or something.

I just rolled my eyes at her. "Well as you can see I was busy and you where bugging me so I put my phone off." I shrugged at her as she looked at me in shock.

"So you haven't even read any of my messages? Not even one? What is wrong with you?" She threw her hands in the air. "It's already one in the afternoon! How can you still want to sleep?"

I sneezed again, this time in a normal decent way and just gestured to me with a duh face. She sighs and dropped next to me on my bed clearly not bothered that I'm sick anymore.

"Are you okay Suzanna? You seem ... different." She looks up to me with a huge grin on her face. Something is definitely up. "That is why I tried getting a hold of you ... I think your brother also tried to contact you. Just after you left, which by the way I'm not happy about, your brother asked me to marry him!" She sticks out her hand to show me her ring. It looks like it's rose gold with small diamonds creating a big tear drop. It's simple yet elegant, it fits Suzanna's personality perfectly. Clearly Keven put a lot of thought and consideration into picking the perfect ring for her.

To say I was shocked was an understatement. I knew my parents said he wants to propose but so soon? Her brothers barely arrived and he popped the question, I must say he's got guts that's for sure.

Suzanna's smile falters as I took too long to answer. I just kept staring back and forth between her and the ring. My brain is going a thousand miles per hour between being happy for them and my heart feeling like it's breaking all over again. I shake my head as if to get rid of all my troubling thoughts. I smile brightly at her. "I'm so happy for you Suzanna. I knew he would propose but I must admit I did not think he'd do it the same day your brothers arrived."