Chapter 5 - Mother daughter day with a twist

My mom enters in my room with a bang singing a one-word song she used to wake me up with in the mornings. "Up. Up. UP!"

I throw a pillow at her just to get my point across that I'm in no mood to wake up. I'm on holiday, it's my right to sleep.

"No, I don't want to." My voice comes out muffled and whiny. All of a sudden my curtains are yanked open and even before I could throw my cover over my head they disappeared. Oooo she knows me way too well.

"No honey you have been sleeping late, with late I mean it's already 10 AM, for the past two weeks that you have been here! You are going to waste away here and I, your precious, loving and most beautiful mother" now she's just exaggerating and sounding ridicules. "am not going to stand for it any longer. You are going shopping with me today."

"But mom" I whine again.

"No I am not taking 'no' or any excuse to not go. You are going and that's final. We leave in an hour so I'd suggest a shower and something nice to wear." I sigh in defeat and sit up looking at her like she's crazy wondering what got her this giddy today.

"Don't look at me like that. Your brother is coming tomorrow and I want to cook up a feast and you, my loving daughter, is going to help me shop for it AND you are going to help me cook. I also have other fun stuff I want to do with you."

"Should I be scared?" My dad heard my question as he passed by my room and yelled somewhere from down the hall. "You should be! She's been dying the whole week to have a mother daughter day with you."

"Can't I spend the day with you instead?" I yell back in mock horror. No replay, well then I guess it's a day with my mother then. Her face lights up the instant I got up and kissed her on the head before getting ready for the day. She knows she won.

A quick shower and blow wave later and I'm standing in front of my closet wondering what to wear. I decided to go with a dark bootleg jean, some brown pumps and a strapless light blue top. My make-up ended up being smoky eyes and no lipstick. I never like wearing it, somehow with my luck it always lasts only an hour or get smudged making me look like a clown put it on for me. No thank you to that.

"Azora I hope your done I want to leave as soon as possible!"

Taking one last look at my appearance in the mirror I grab my handbag and rush down the stair while mumbling "I'm coming."

My mom's eyes go wide upon seeing me and frantically call my dad. "Roger! You need to see this! Come quick!"

"What's wrong what hap-" he stops mid-sentence when he saw me. It feels like going to a metric farewell all over again. What's the big fuss about?

"Azora you look absolutely beautiful!" My mom practically squeak.

My dad puts a hand on is heart all dramatically while saying that his little girl is all grown up. All I could do is grin at them, what did they expect? I'm a grown woman now.

Trying to escape all the attention that's on me I kiss my dad on the cheek and grab my mom's hand. "Come on let's get this day started mom before you two put me in a glass cage." And with that we are on the road.

~~~~~

A couple hours later and I'm exhausted. Since when can my mom out shop me? I'm dumbfounded that she can shop like this, isn't people that gets old supposed to shop less and get tired quicker? I practically fall in my seat at the café shop gladly inviting this break.

"Please put me out of my misery and tell me we are done?" I practically beg her while scanning the menu. I can't remember the last time we had a girl's day like this. I do enjoy it don't get me wrong here, but we've been in the mall for over 3 hours now and I'm starving of hunger.