Chapter 2| Why me?

I try to move in a comfortable position but the chains just make me so uncomfortable.

I sigh. I lay against the wall and remember the last time I saw Martial. He looked at me and was watching me drive into the darkness.

I start to tear up. I wanna see him again.

I hear the door open and look up. The man walks up to me and leans down.

"Looks like someone's been crying." He says.

"Why did you kidnap me?" I say. "Why me?"

"Because, your family has money. Only way you're leaving is if they pay us." He says.

"How much?" I say.

"Ten million dollars." He says.

"We don't have that much?!" I say.

"But you can get that much, by others paying for your safety." He says.

He turns on a tv and it's the news channel. I see a picture of me and a woman talking,

"Kidnapping! Sixteen year old Becky Collins has been kidnapped and we have received notes, they say if her family pays ten million dollars she will be given back. But if not in eight days she will never be seen again." Says the women.

I gasp. Eight days! No way. He needs to wait longer.

He turns off the tv. He sets the remote by me.

"Enjoy." He says.

He leaves the room and I turn on the tv with my feet.

"I know you're out there Becky! I'll find you don't worry!" Says Martial.

He's being interviewed about what he knows.

"I saw the license plate and have given it to the police." He says.

They keep talking to him and say police are tracking the plate. They know it was the white van.

I turn off the TV and hope the man doesn't know they know what the car is.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I wake up and feel a cold breeze hit me. I shiver. This room is so cold. I hear the man yelling at the other guys in a different room.

I try to move my arms down my they are tied up to high.

One of the guys walks in and loosens the chains so I can sit my arms down but can't reach my feet or my other hand.

"Thank you.." I say.

"You're welcome." He says.

He quickly leaves and I wonder why he did that.

I just sit and listen to the wind hit the house and hear rain hit the roof. I feel my pocket begin to vibrate and realize I have my phone! I pull it out quickly and text someone,

"Track my phone."

I try to type something else but the man grabs my phone and throws it in the corner.

"No no no. Let's go." He says.

He grabs me and unchains me. I kick him and run for the door. The man yells,

"Paul!"

And a guy grabs me and puts a bag over my head. I get tied up and thrown in a different car. I hear us drive off and as we slowly leave the area I hear cops off in the distance.

Dang it they barely missed me.

I get the bag off my head by throwing my head around and see I'm tied up in the back of a jeep. One guy sits next to me looking back to see if there are other cars and the man driving.

I see the nice guy that helped me in the drivers seat he looks in the review mirror at me then back straight ahead.

The man next to me who I guess is Paul sees the bag is off my head and puts it back on.

I just decide to leave it on and wonder where we are going.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
AT THE HOUSE THEY WERE AT

"The car is here but it's completely empty." Says a cop.

"Is her phone here?" Martial asks.

"Yes, here." Says the cop.

Martial takes the phone and sees a picture I took. I'm smiling and he's next to me. He tears up.

Then he sees another I took of the man grabbing me before he took my phone.

He shows the cop the man and they begin to investigate.

"We'll find you Becky." Says Martial.

He walks to his car and holds my phone.

"I promise."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I hear Martial's voice in my head saying,

"I'll find you. I promise."

I cry quietly. I need to go home back to my life with my friend and Martial.

Just why,

Why me?