Chapter 3| Alone

I wake up in a room tied to a bed frame and only a mattress and pillow are on it. I see one hand handcuffed to the frame and my feet chained to the edge of it.

I lay my head on the pillow and hear the guys talking.

"Paul you watch her, Ryan come with me." Says the man.

"John we should wait longer for the money." Says Ryan.

"Why.." He says.

"Because I heard when I dropped off the note they needed more time but are gonna do it." He says.

"...ok." Says John.

He and Ryan leave and Paul stays in the other room. I lay on the bed and wonder where they are going. I move my wrist and see a mark from the handcuffs. I cringe. I forget it's there and just lay there.

I hear Paul walk by the room and go into another room.

I hear it start to rain again then pour rain.

I lay still and begin to cry inside. I wish I could just be at home.

I see Paul walk past my room and hear him leave the house.

I sit up and look around the room. I see a pen next to me on the floor. I reach over the bed side and reach or the pen. I am about to touch it when thunder cracks and I jump. I continue to reach for it and grab it.

I put it in the key hole in the handcuffs and try to pick the lock. The pen breaks and ink spills onto the bed. I throw the pen at the wall.

I'm alone so I can do what I need. I keep looking for stuff in the room and see a paper clip on the floor. I reach towards and grab it.

I hear the front door open then slam shut. I hide the paper clip and sit in the bed. Paul walks by the doorway wet carrying a bag.

He then goes back outside. I pull the paper clip back out and pick the lock. I then untie the chains on my feet and run into the room next to me.

I look out the window.

"Oh no..." I say.

The whole house it surrounded my a brick wall and the only way out is the front door and the road strait ahead of it. I see Paul coming back to I run back to the room but trip.

"Hey!" He says.

I crawl away but he grabs me and throws me back in the room. I hit the bed frame and grunt. He chains me back up and handcuffs both my hands. He sweeps the floor around me so I can't get anything to free myself with.

"Next time I'll use this." He says.

He shows me a bat and sets it in the door way. He goes into another room and turns on the TV. I listen.

"The kidnapper is identified as John Loan, has criminal records and was recently let out of jail. Family members of Becky have asked to speak." Says the women.

"Becky if you are hearing this it seeing this, you'll be ok! Everything will be ok! We are looking everywhere for you." Says Brad.

Brad! I miss him so much. Especially because we've done almost everything together because he's my twin.

I sigh and close my eyes. I here the rain pour and listen to the thunder.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I wake up and feel water dripping on my head. I look up and see the roof leaking.

"Uh.." I say loudly.

Ryan walks over.

"Something wrong?" He asks.

"The roof is leaking. Right where I'm siting." I say.

He tied me up to a chair in the corner and he fixes the leak. He sets me back in the bed and looks into my eyes. He whispers in my ear,

"I'm here to help. Don't worry you're safe as long as I'm here."

He quickly leaves and returns to the room with the other guys.

I think,

"Here to help? Sure. Well maybe.. I just hope so."

I lean against the wall and feel bruises around the spots of the handcuffs. I move my wrists so the bruises aren't getting squeezed.

I sigh. I need to get out. Or I need someone to help, soon.

Please help me.