Chapter 8| Sacrifice

"Becky..." Says a voice.

I wake up and see Martial standing in the door way.

"Martial." I say smiling.

He runs up to me and gives me a hug.

"You're ok." He says crying.

"Mhm." I say as I cry too.

"My little DJ's ok." He says.

I laugh and cry.

He sits next to me and smiles and just looks at me.

"Why are you so happy? I look like crap." I say.

"No you look beautiful." He says happily.

I laugh, "Thanks."

I hold Martials hand. He smiles.

"Glad you're back."

              ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I run out the house and hear a gun shot. I drive off. I see them getting their cars after me. They drive towards to me trying to stop me.

But what was that gun shot for the first time? I never thought about it.

Ryan!

I sit up in my bed. I look around my room and grab my phone. I call the police department.

"Hello?" Says a women.

"Hi, this is Becky Collins, may I come in today to ask more about the kidnappers?" I say standing up.

"Yes, come by when you're ready." Says the lady.

"Ok thank you."

I end the call.

I go down stairs in my pjs and eat breakfast. I go back up stairs and get dressed. I grab my bag and my keys.

I get in my car and drive to the police department.

                  ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"So what would you like to know?" Asks a cop from the other side of the table.

"One of my kidnappers, Ryan, said he was an undercover cop. Is that true?" I ask.

"Yes, he was. Best of the best." Says the proudly.

"And where is he now?" I ask.

"Well I'm.. Sorry to say but... John fired a shot killing Ryan but he was willing to do that to help you live." He says.

I look down, "Oh."

The cop stands next to me, "His funeral is this Saturday. You're invited to come and say a few things if you would like."

"I'd love too."

                ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Today we honor a good man, he was brave, he was kind, he was Ryan Lunar. He sacrificed himself for Becky because he knew how important she was to her family." Says one of Ryans friends. "He will be missed by many."

I walk up to the front of the room.

"Hi... I'm.. Becky. When I first got kidnapped he seemed as if he was one of them. He was acting tough and didn't care about me at first. But when the others started leaving the house he would help me and reassure me that I'd be ok. And I am. I wish I could've reassured him that he would be ok too..." I start to tear up, "But I waited to long. Thank you Ryan.... For saving me and helping me." I start to cry. "Thank you."

I walk back to my seat by my family and sit next to them.

"Good job." Says my mom.

I look at her and see her eyes are all teary and she's smiling. She holds me hand.

I look back up at the front of the room.

They take his casket and carry him out of the church.

Martial puts his arm around me, "It's ok." He says.

I lean my head against his shoulder.

We walk to our cars and drive to the cemetery.

We watch as everyone says their final goodbyes to his casket and then they leave.

When they burry the casket I set some flowers on his grave and just stand there.

I don't know what to say anymore.

I feel someone take my hand. I look and see Brad holding my hand and standing next to me. He smiles weekly.

I look back at the grave.

"Thank you Ryan."