Chapter 4| Unknowing

AT BECKYS HOUSE

"Listen Brad they'll find her ok! Don't worry." Says my mom.

Brad paces back and forth.

"I should not have left early! Why did I do that! It's all my fault." He says.

"No it's not, those men went after her." Says my mom.

Brad cries.

"I'm sorry Becky."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I jolt awake and hear voices in my head.

"You'll be ok. Don't worry. It's my fault. We'll find you. Less then 15 days left. Money. You're ok. I'm here for you. I'm sorry."

I hold my head. I cry quietly. Why can't I just be let go. They can not have the money and go back to jail.

I hear them talking.

"Listen I'll go out you come, Ryan stay here." Sad John.

"Ok." He says.

They leave and Ryan walks in. He sits on the edge of the bed.

"What." I say.

"Remember I'm here to help." He says.

"How can you help me." I say.

"I'm a cop, I'm undercover playing a part as his partner. But I don't have a cell phone because John tracks all the phones in this area so I can't contact the station or leave alone." He says.

"You're a cop?" He says.

"Yes and we are going to trick him that he's gonna get money. But it's gonna take some time." He says.

"How long, I just wanna go home." I say.

"Don't worry you'll be home safe soon, ok." He says.

"Ok." I say.

He unhandcuffs me.

"Walk around but stay in here." He says.

I stand up and fall to the ground. My legs shake because I haven't stood up for a couple days.

So I lean against the bed until I can stand. I walk around the room and sit on the floor. I am tired of the bed and just wanna be on the floor. I sigh and lean my head back. I close my eyes and hear a car.

Ryan walks in and handcuffs me and I'm back on the bed. He walks out to the room they usually are in.

I sit and look out the window and see really dark clouds and it's already pouring. A bad storm is coming. I hope the house can withstand it.

I hear thunder crack. I burry my head in my pillow.

                             ~•~•~•~

"Daddy where's Brad?" I say.

"He's ok sweetie don't worry." My dad says.

I hold my dad and moms hand. I sit in the hospital. We wait outside a room that doctors come in and out of.

"Hey little girl, want a sticker." Asks a nurse.

"Yes please, can I get one for my brother?" I say.

"Sure, here you go." Says the nurse as she hands me a sticker for Brad and I.

I sit back down and frown.

"It's ok Becky, Brads just sick." Says my mom.

I still frown.

"You can see him." Says a doctor.

We walk in and I see Brad laying on a bed.

"Brad." I say. "Are you sick?" I ask.

"Mommy am I sick?" Asks Brad.

She nods.

"I'm sick." He says.

I sit by him and I hand him the sticker.

"A monster truck!" He says. "Room!" He makes sounds.

I laugh.

"I'm happy you're gonna be ok." Says my mom.

"I'm gonna be ok?" He says.

"Yes." She says.

I look at Brad and smile. He starts to cough and we have to leave. I'm sad again.

"He'll be ok... I promise." My mom says.

"He loves you more than anything Becky. And we know you love him too."

              ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I open my eyes.

"He loves you more than anything Becky." Says my moms voice as it echoes in my head.

I sit up. I miss Brad. We do everything together. I hug my knees and cry.

                ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Brad sits on our porch as it rains and he lets it get him wet. He stares at the puddle in front of him. He sees his reflection and me then rain shakes the puddles and I fall out of the reflection.

He stands up and walks inside.

"Want some dinner?" Asks my mom.

He passes without saying a word and goes into his room. He sits on his bed and looks at the pictures on the wall of him and me. He begins to cry.

"Becky..." He whispers.

He cries.

"I'm gonna find you Becky. You'll be ok I promise. I'll get you out of this."

He stands up.

"I promise."