Chapter 27: Get Ready, It's the Written Part of The Chunin Exams!

.:Sasuke:. 

To me, it looked like she was engulfed in fire, though I thought I just dealt myself a bad hand by pushing her like that. Though right now it was none of my concern. All I had to worry about was me and my team passing. I knew I would be just fine, Sakura? I suppose she would do alright. My biggest concern was Naruto. He was such an idiot, and I had heard about his grades on written tests back in the academy, in other words, we were screwed. 

.:Kiana:. 

I knew that Naruto wasn’t exactly the brightest bit of the bunch, but then again I knew that he must have been feeling the pressure that was being put on him my Sasuke and Sakura. 

Seemed like a bit much if you asked me. But right now was not the time for me to be worried about things like that. All that should have been my concern at that time would be the success of me and my fellow team mates. 

“now listen up!” 

Everyone’s attention was drawn to our proctor who stood in the middle of the room holding a piece of chalk up against the white board. 

“There are a few important rules that you need to know for this first part of the test. I’ll write them on the black board and explain them all, But I’m not taking question, so listen carefully, because I’m only going to say this once. Rule number one, each of you start out with ten points each. The tests had ten questions, each scoring for one point. For each question you get wrong, we subtract a point.” 

So far it all seemed like basic mathematics. Simple subtraction learned back in grade school. But something told me that he was going to throw us a hard curve ball pretty soon. 

“Get all the questions right an you keep all your ten points. Rule number two, just because you are taken this test separately does not mean that it’s an individual challenge, this is still a team test. Passing of failing will be determined by the total sum of points of the three members from each squad.” 

I dazed out for a quick moment there. So that would mean that we would all have to keep a substantial amount of points in order to stay in the game, but something in my gut told me that this wasn’t the curve ball that I was originally thinking about, which means there was something worse in line for us. 

“Rule number three, if while during the course of the exam if a candidate does anything out of the ordinary, in other words cheating, we subtract tow points from each member of the cheaters team.”

And there was the curve ball. 

Why would they subtract more points from cheating. It was as if they were encouraging it. Like they were forcing us into a situations where we had to include stealth and gather information in a set time limit. 

That’s when it hit me. That’s exactly what they wanted. They wanted us to cheat. In the world of the ninja, you had to be cautious when gathering information, especially if it were from the enemy. So that was to test our ability to grasp information. 

.:Sasuke:. 

I looked at Kiana in the corner of my eye. I could see very clearly that she was sweating, which meant that she had figured something out, something that I still had yet to grasp, but what was it, god sitting next to her was really starting to piss me off. 

.:Kiana:.

“One more thing, if any individual losses all ten of his or her point, their entire team is disqualified.” 

Glancing over at Naruto I could clearly hear reality shatter. The poor guy. Naruto was never really all that good at written tests, and I knew that I should be worried about the well being of my own team, but at the same time I couldn’t help but feel sorry for Naruto.