Prologue

Tyler was kind of a clumsy fellow. Not exactly physically clumsy, more like mentally clumsy. Whenever he talked, he could never find the right words and he always tripped over his sentences. He also had, "clumsy thoughts." I'm not sure what that meant exactly. Those were Tyler's words (or should I say, "thoughts."), not mine.

Anyone who had a conversation with Tyler ended looking at him with a confused look while he scratched the back of his neck and laughed nervously.

No one ever understood Tyler, so he stopped trying to talk to people. Eventually, he stopped his interaction with people altogether. He got tired of people trying to understand him and have him open up to them. At this point, he just wanted to be left alone.

I understood him, though. Tyler didn't know this, but if he could talk to me I know I would understand him. I know I could make him feel better.

I knew everything about him, after all. I even knew about the radio in his head that plays different songs that control his mood.

I knew these things because, technically, I was a part of him.

(a/n: sorry for a short prologue, things get better than this, I promise. :)

And again, this is my first fanfic I've ever wrote, I hope at least someone likes it.)