Epilogue: The Real Ending

{Tyler's POV}

Gerard and I were sitting around, just talking. I was telling him about the voice and how he almost convinced me to kill myself. Gerard made me feel safe, and I think the voice won't be bothering me for awhile.

Then, something strange happened. His eyes started to glow yellow.

"Gerard! Your eyes are yellow!!"

"Oh shit..." he said quietly to himself.

He looked behind him, and there was a door with a yellow light showing from behind it.

"What's happening?!?"

He just looked back at me with a sorrowful look.

"I'm being fired."

"What do you mean, 'you're being fired?!?'"

"I'm not going to be your guardian angel anymore."

"What!?!? Why?!?!" I was practically screaming at him.

"Look, Tyler, you're special, and my boss wanted to find out what's special about you. But that only meant bad things for you, Tyler, and I wanted to protect you. So, I didn't bring you to him, and now he's firing me."

"Can't you just stay here?"

"No, I can't, I'm sorry. I don't have a choice."

He got up and started walking towards the door. I got up and tried to stop him.

"No, Tyler!! I have to go!"

"But, there will be no one here to protect me," I said as I burst out crying.

"Don't worry, Tyler, a good friend of mine is going to come and protect you."

"But I want you!! I love you!!"

"I'm so sorry, Tyler. I promise I'll come back someday."

He pried himself from my grip and walked through the door. The next thing I know, he's gone and I was left laying on the floor crying my eyes out. Plus, to make matters worse, I almost had a heart attack when I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I jumped back, and I saw a man crouching in front of me. He also had red hair, and he was wearing black skinny jeans, a black tank top, and a black beanie.

"Hi, I'm your new guardian angel," he greeted as he stuck out his hand for me to shake.

I just sat there looking at him, I was still in shock.

"Don't worry, Gerard will come back, I'll just be here until he does."

He pulled me into a hug and whispered comforting words in my ear. Eventually, I pulled back and I spoke to him.

"What's your name," I asked.

A warm smile crept up on his face at this question.

"Josh."

"Nice to meet you, Josh."