bismarck, look... the tropic of aquarius!

the tropic of aquarius runs through me, say i.

on fire, on fire, on fire. shadows disappear, smoked.

poof, poof! there they go, pokemon, there they go -

southern hemisphere, northern hemisphere?

pah, bismarck! what are hemispheres when it comes

to love, my dear? tell me. what are hemispheres

in the scheme of our tropics? all roads lead to.

all roads lead from. and the sun shines. and

the moon rules my blood like ocean water. what are

constellations compared to us? (nothing, my love)

we are all. we will remain. i remain in the tropic of

my many minds. and there i shine by night and day. in

heat and cold. tell me, bismarck, do i not have the

tropic of aquarius within me? do you see it too?

can you see that fiery road? the one that burns so?

the tropic of cancer is the circle marking the latitude 23.5 degrees north, where the sun is directly overhead at noon on june 21, the beginning of summer in the northern hemisphere. the tropic of capricorn is the circle marking the latitude 23.5 degrees south where the sun is directly overhead at noon on december 21, the beginning of winter in the northern hemisphere. when the lines were named 2000 years ago, the sun was in the constellation of capricorn during the winter solstice and cancer during the summer solstice (hence the names). now due to the precession of the equinoxes the sun is no longer in these constellations during these times, but the names remain.

the equator is the circle where the sun is directly overhead at noon on the equinoxes.

the arctic and antarctic circles are located at ±66.5 degrees latitude. note that 66.5 + 23.5 equals 90 degrees. This means that on december 21, when the sun is directly over the tropic of capricorn at noon, it will not be visible from the arctic circle. so above the arctic circle, there is a period during the winter when the sun remains below the horizon. the same is true of the antarctic circle during southern hemisphere winter. on june 21st, when the sun is directly over the tropic of cancer at noon, it is not visible from below the antarctic circle.

seasofme010816