Chapter 4

It was a routine for Nandini to spend her morning and evening with Manik. Manik started opening up to her. He was comfortable in her company. Both were enjoying being with each other. Manik started taking but he used to talk only when Nandini is around.
The day came when Dr Steve was coming for his first session with Manik. Dr George and Nandini were also present for the session. Dr Steve examined Manik and asked him some questions but he was hesitant to answer. Nandini came and placed her hand on his shoulder for assurance. He looked in her eyes. Her deep dove shaped eyes had some different spark. After gathering courage Manik answered few of the questions. His voice was shaking. All this was observed by Dr George and Dr Steve. They smiled seeing their bond.
As the session got over Dr George called Nandini to his cabin.
She assured Manik that she will be back in sometime and went behind them.
In the cabin
Dr G: Please have a seat Nandini.
Nandini sat beside Dr Steve.
Dr G: Dr Nandini don't worry everything is good. Actually Dr Steve wanted to talk to you.
Nan: Anything serious doctor?
Dr S: No Dr Nandini there is nothing to worry about. I'm very much impressed with your dedication. I must say you are very hardworking and talented. When Dr George told me about Mr. Malhotra's case I was not at all expecting such a good response. But you made it possible Dr Nandini.
She thanked them and left after discussing about further sessions.
She almost ran inside Manik's room and hugged him. Manik left baffled by her sudden act. He so wanted to held her but stopped.
Nandini left him. Manik understood that she is very happy and was waiting for her to speak up.
Nan: Manik tumhe pata hai tum jaldi hi thik ho jaoge. I promise mai tumhe jaldi hi Thik karungi.
Nandini told him how both Doctors praised her.
Manik and Nandini talked on random topics. She gave Manik his medicines and made him sleep.

The next day Manik gave a statement to police, the culprit was behind the bars and the case was closed.

Today Nandini took him to the park for a walk. With one hand she was holding Manik's waist and other hand was entwined with his hand. Manik felt something different with Nandini's touch. There was silence between them. After a good walk of 10 minutes Nandini realized that Manik is tired. She made Manik sit on a nearby bench. Someone came from behind and closed her eyes with palms. Within a second she recognized, she was Navya.

Nan: Navya..

Navya came in front and hugged her Nandini responded equally.

Navya while breaking the hug,

Nav: Kitne dino k baal mili hai hum!

She eyed Manik and said

Nav: Bohot busy ti kya?

Nan: Ha Navya. Tum bhi to busy thi! Waise us din kiske sath date thi tumhari?

Nav: Shut up, mai koi date pr nhi gayi thi.

Navya pouted. Nandini giggled and side hugged her.

Nav: Nandu, Muze nhi milaogi apne naye dost se?

Nan: Sure.. aao na.

Both went near Manik.

Nan: Manik she is Navya.. I told you na my friend.

And Navya this is Manik Malhotra.

Navya smiled and greeted Manik where he just smiled.

Manik was watching these two best friends chatting, pulling each other's leg. His eyes became moist and few memories came in front of his eyes.

Manik got up slowly.

Man: Nandini hum andar chale?

Nan: Kya hua Manik are you alright?

Man: Ha.. Ha.. Muze room me jana hai.

Nan: Accha let's go.

She bided bye to Navya and took Manik to his room.

Manik was sitting quietly all the time. Nandini noticed this sudden change and made a mental note of asking him about this later.

In evening Nandini was ready to leave when Manik called her.

Man: Nandini suno..q

Nan: Ha Manik do you want something?

Man: If I want something will you agree?

Nandini went near him and held his hand.

Nan: Say na Manik..

Man: Kya tum.. Kya tum... Aaj raat yahi rukogi? Mere paas?

Nandini was not expecting this from him but she agreed.

Manik became happy and pulled her for a hug. Nandini patted his back.

Both had a good time with each other and didn't realized when they dozed off.

The second and third session went quite good. Manik's response was improving day by day. He started to have a conversation with doctors. 

Another week passed and now Manik was fully recovered. Doctors decide after the forth session they will discharge him.
It was the day of the forth session with Dr Steve.
A nurse came to give Manik give his medicines.
Nurse: Mr Malhotra here are your medicines.
Manik nodded no.
Nurse: Please Mr. Malhotra have them. From tomorrow I won't trouble you as you will be discharged form here.
Man: Where is Nandini?
Nurse: She is on leave today.
Man: Why is she okay?
Nurse: I don't know sir.
She forwarded the medicines again.
Manik silently gulped them.

Manik"s POV

"Kya hua hoga? Kyu nhi aayi Nandini aaj? Usne muze bataya bhi nhi. Wo thik to hogi na?"

End of POV

Manik's mind was occupied with questions when Dr. Steve came and greeted Manik.
Manik smiled faintly in return.
Dr S: So Mr Malhotra feeling good?
Manik simply nodded.
Dr S: So today is the last session I hope it will help you more. Let's go.
He took Manik to another room made him sit on a couch and sat in front of him. Dr Steve started talking to him. He asked him some question. Manik was stammering while answering. Dr. Steve observed this change.
Dr S: Mr Malhotra, as this is the last session we will try something new.
Manik looked at him in confusion.
Dr S: You don't worry. Just close your eyes and listen to me.
Manik did the same.
Dr Steve kept on talking to him in low voice and hypnotized him.
Dr S: Manik where are you what are you able to see?
Man: I am standing in a..P..Park waiting for someone.
Dr S: From whom you are waiting?
Man: Nan...Nandini.
Dr S: Is she coming to you?
Man: Yes and she is looking beautiful.
He smiled. Suddenly he became restless and started sweating.
Dr S: What happened Manik?
Man: Wait... Wait please don't go. Nandini please don't leave me alone. He started crying.
Dr Steve shook him and Manik opened his eyes.
Manik was in tears. He became aware of the surroundings.
He wiped his tears.  
Dr Steve patted his head and asked a ward boy to take Manik to his room.
Manik was still scared after what he saw. He saw everyone in his room was packing his things.
Manik so wanted to meet Nandini but he was helpless. He lied on the bed with closed eyes. Thinking about Nandini he drifted into sleep.