Chapter 5

In the morning Manik woke up and saw Nandini near him.
From inside he very was happy but was angry for yesterday.
He ignored her and sat on the bed. Nandini found him up.
Nan: Good morning Manik... kaise ho?
Manik just looked her blankly.
Nandini's POV
"Shayad janab naraj hai.. Chal Nandu galti to tumhari thi ab mana isse!"
Nan: Manik kal muze bohot important kaam tha.. Isiliye I was on leave. Sorry maine tume bataya nhi.
A nurse came and asked Nandini to sign Manik's discharge papers. She happily signed and gave them back. Nurse left.
Nan: Aaj to khush hoge na tum? Yaha se baher jo nikloge.. Everyone here troubles you a lot na!
Man: Sach?
Nan: Yes, I just signed the papers.
Man: Really, you signed them?
Nan: Ha Manik. Ab jaldi se tayar ho jao.. ghar bhi to jana hai na.. I'll be back, be ready.
She ruffled his hair and left.
Manik sighed and got ready. 

                                                                    Nandini's Outfit

                                                                       Manik's Outfit

                                                                       Manik's Outfit

Nandini came with a ward boy and asked him shift Manik's luggage in the car.
Nan: Chale?
She observed sadness in his eyes. She went to help him but he refused and himself moved out of the room. Nandini followed him.
Nandini started moving in other direction.
Man: Tum muze bye kehene bhi nhi aaogi?
Nan: Aati hun Manik you go ahead.
Manik was almost on the verge of crying. He silently went in the parking lot and waited for Nandini.
A car came and halted in front of him. Manik peeped inside, saw Nandini on driver's seat.
Nan: Get in Manik.
Manik was confused. He saw his luggage already kept at the backseat.
He sat on the passenger's seat.
Man: Where are we going?
Nandini came near his face. Manik's heartbeat became faster.
Nandini moved her hand behind his head and pulled the seatbelt to fix it. She started the car. Journey was silent. Manik kept on looking outside the window. In between both of them were stealing glances.
The car stopped in front of an apartment.
Nandini got down and opened the door for Manik.
Manik while observing the surroundings moved out.
Nandini pulled his luggage out and asked Manik to follow her.
They reached on the seventh floor through elevator.
Crossing the lobby, they reached a flat. Nandini opened the door with keys and entered with his luggage.
Nan: Andar aao.. ab se tum yahi rahoge..
Manik was amazed, the flat was huge and luxurious.
He stepped inside puzzled by seeing the surroundings. The house was well decorated. All the walls had pictures of Nandini.
Man: Ye.. Ye to.. Tumhare photos.. yaha kaise?
Nan: Kya Manik.. ab mai apne ghar me apne hi photos lagaungi na..
Man: Is this your house?
Nan: Ha..
Manik gave her a confused look.
Nan: Kal raat mai hospital aayi thi.. par bohot late.. tab tum so rahe the.. I went to meet Dr Steve. He told me that you need a change and here you don't know anyone so he asked me to take you with me as you are very comfortable with me. So I gave a thought about it. Maine socha tumhe bhi accha lagega aur muze bhi company mil jayegi. To kuch din hum saath me rahenge.
Manik was beyond happy after hearing this. His lips curved into a smile. But again for conformation he asked,
Man: Sach me?
Nan: Ha Manik.. Ab aao tumhe ghar dikhati hun.
Nandini's flat was actually luxurious. It had a huge lounge, comparatively smaller kitchen with all facilities and 3 bedrooms and a balcony.
Nandini showed him the kitchen and 2 guest rooms.