Chapter 7 - Morning After

She had no idea how much time had passed since his footsteps down the stairs were heard. Her breathing was heavy, nasal, and not looking like it was going to change anytime soon.

Shower shower shower

I can do this. Ok let's just get out of bed.

Underwear!

I'm wearing underwear! Thank Merlin.

Is that a mirror?

Goodness, I didn't think I looked that bad.

Shower, ok, in here.

Ah, hot water, I need this.

How long has it been?

I don't want to be late to breakfast.

I'm looking forward to breakfast? I haven't done that in a while.

I guess marrying him wouldn't be that bad; I reckon I might actually be quite happy.

HERMIONE JEAN GRANGER! STOP FANTASISING ABOUT MARRYING HARRY'S GODFATHER! YOU ARE IN HIS SHOWER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! YOU JUST WOKE UP IN HIS BED! DEAR MERLIN!

Ok, how do you turn this water off? Nope not that. This? No. Um, concessus? Hurrah.

Towel towel towel

Yes, ok.

Clothes? Shit. Um, I mean shoot.

Oh who cares?

Considering what you did last night...

Wait what did I do? Not now.

Clothes clothes clothes

Are these mine? I don't think they're Sirius's.

How the hippogriff did he get my underwear? But they were in my wardrobe at the burrow. Not now. Let's just get changed.

I don't remember buying this top.

Mmm... Is that...? She took a breath, absorbing the fibres of the t-shirt, Sirius...

No, bad Hermione, go, he's waiting for you.

Ooh, waiting for meeee.

Stop it!

Less fantasising, more walking.

"You're late." It was him.

+++++++++

"And where have you been the last half hour? I was going to send a search party. You're missing out on some spectacular pancakes." He waved the spatula at her.

"You're doing it wrong." She wandered over to where he was standing, giggles escaping through her teeth, as she attempted to save the mess he had made.

"I'm glad you're having fun." Hermione whipped her head round to see Tonks's smug face looking up from a copy of the Daily Prophet. Her cheeks began to burn as Tonks continued. "So what did you two get up to last night? Anything interesting that you would like to share with us perhaps?" Her head nodded in Remus's direction.

"That's not a question I need answered, thank you very much," Remus corrected.

"Can't say I remember much." Hermione slouched on the table with a coffee after discarding the fail pancakes. "I was a little too drunk to be thinking straight." She scratched her head, "or thinking at all for that matter."

"Goodness me, Hermione," Sirius said, raising an eyebrow seductively, "anything could have happened." This time the wink he sent in her direction was more friendly and supportive than it was flirtatious.

"I've heard that line before, Pads. Though last time you..."

"When's the train leave?" Sirius interrupted, slightly more violently than he meant to. ANYTHING was necessary to stop his friend from finishing that sentence.

"Eleven. It's left at eleven ever since 1849." Tonks added.

Hermione looked up in shock. "You read Hogwarts: A History?"

"Most dull book I've ever read. I don't know how you stand it. Though, to be honest, I think we make quite different choices in many fields," she smirked.